1.    #1  
    Sorry for the noob like questions. I tried searching for an answer but didn't come up with an answer to my question. I am setting up a pre plus for the mother in law and I am a WM guy so this is new for me. It has webos 1.4.
    She has an exchange server at work. She wants to sync her calendar and emails to the phone. But she doesn't want her thousands of exchange contacts on the phone. She just wants to keep the few contacts she has on the phone. Is it possible to only sync the calendar and email? What about just syncing the calendar?
    Are there any extra requirements to add an exchange account to the pre?
    Also if she were to view a email on the phone and then delete it will the email be also removed from the exchange server or just from the phone?
    Last edited by drewcam888; 03/24/2010 at 09:51 PM.
    it syncs everything
  3.    #3  
    Would a patch of any type allow me to sync only one item like the calendar?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I'd like to sync with a calendar only too. What about using a global calendar? Would that be possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
    Sorry for the noob like questions. I tried searching for an answer but didn't come up with an answer to my question. I am setting up a pre plus for the mother in law and I am a WM guy so this is new for me. It has webos 1.4.
    She has an exchange server at work. She wants to sync her calendar and emails to the phone. But she doesn't want her thousands of exchange contacts on the phone. She just wants to keep the few contacts she has on the phone. Is it possible to only sync the calendar and email? What about just syncing the calendar?
    Are there any extra requirements to add an exchange account to the pre?
    Also if she were to view a email on the phone and then delete it will the email be also removed from the exchange server or just from the phone?
    Add the Exchange account. It will sync everything. After it completes, go to the Contact app, and remove the Exchange account. The Calendar and Email accounts will remain.
    -----
    My mistake, this does not work with EAS accounts.
    Last edited by hparsons; 03/31/2010 at 01:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
    The phone is an EAS client. If she removes the email from the phone, it removes it from the client.

However, she can limit how long (by days) it the Pre shows her emails.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Add the Exchange account. It will sync everything. After it completes, go to the Contact app, and remove the Exchange account. The Calendar and Email accounts will remain.
    It removed everything when I tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    It removed everything when I tried it.
    You're correct, my bad. I had done this with other types of accounts (Google accounts, Yahoo in particular), and it worked. My guess is that EAS just operates differently. Sorry, and I will modify the post above.
    Just out of curiosity, are they actual Exchange contacts that are the issue, or is the issue that the Global Address Lookup stuff is coming up in Universal Search?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    In my case I want to add a calendar that multiple people in the company can see and access. One is where we list who will be taking a day off. Another is for our outside reps to show where they will be. I have a global calendar but don't know how to let the Pre Plus see it. I tried creating a user and then logging in to it. That works but I get contacts and e-mail for the user that I don't need or want.