Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I did a fast search and didn't find anything, but is there a way to transfer contacts from my pre to outlook? I tried syncing with pocketmirror and no dice. If this has been discussed before and I missed it could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    It has been discussed many times. You can do an advanced search for "Outlook", in thread titles only, in the Palm Pre forums.

The quick answer is to export them as a .csv file from Google Contacts and import them into Outlook.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    some folks just HAVE to throw the search insults in, it's a forum requirement out here it seems...

I sync my outlook with google, which in turn syncs with my pre as I use google as my default for contacts and calendar....so all stays in sync pretty nicely for me....
    Quote Originally Posted by shcole View Post
    some folks just HAVE to throw the search insults in, it's a forum requirement out here it seems...

I sync my outlook with google, which in turn syncs with my pre as I use google as my default for contacts and calendar....so all stays in sync pretty nicely for me....
    Ha-ha. That's pretty good. Now he'll have to search for how to sync Outlook with Google, since you didn't tell him.

And he wants to sync Google to Outlook. I told him how to search for the future and ALSO, gave him the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by onyoursix View Post
    I did a fast search and didn't find anything, but is there a way to transfer contacts from my pre to outlook? I tried syncing with pocketmirror and no dice. If this has been discussed before and I missed it could someone point me in the right direction?
    What do you mean exactly by "contacts from my pre"? How did they get on the Pre and what account are they in. If they are in the Palm Profile account, there is no easy/official way to get them off the Pre. There are a couple of hacked utilities that attempt to extract them from the database file, and there is a patch that allows you to email all contacts as a Vcard.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    http ://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/236286-transfer-palm-contacts-google. html

Go here and if you use the program I linked at the bottom, you can import the contacts from your Palm DB into Outlook.

I suggest using Google GMail though and then sync Outlook with it.
    CPan

.....Mental dump in progress.....Please wait.....
    There is a way but I'm not home right now.

But in the end use PocketMirror (what I use) or Missing Sync.

However, if you are new to WebO, you need to use the Data Migration Tools on Palm's website first.

It can be a bit tricky!

You might even have to pop into Google then back to Outlook.

But in the end use PocketMirror its very good.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by CPan View Post
    http ://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/236286-transfer-palm-contacts-google. html

Go here and if you use the program I linked at the bottom, you can import the contacts from your Palm DB into Outlook.

I suggest using Google GMail though and then sync Outlook with it.
    Heck, I'm sorry. I assumed that the contacts were also in Google. But if they were just in the Palm profile, that is much different. And CPan's link is the best way to do it. Great program you found there CPan!
    use chura pocketmiron andd cal it a day.

I'm not putting my valuable contacts in anybody's cloud.