1.    #1  
    What is the latest itunes that can sync with the pre? I have 9.0.1.8 and it synced fine before the 1.4 update. Did they change something to not allow me to sync? Anyway of getting that back without going back in time on the pre OS?

How can I get the music that was already synced off if I can't sync to Itunes again?
    I'm running 1.4 WebOS and using Itunes 9.0.1.8 with no issues. I just used it last night to sync over 60+ mp3's to my Pre.

You might want to try a different USB port on your PC.

Restart your phone. After it is running again, plug your Pre into your PC and tap "Media Sync." This should open itunes for you and it should see your Pre. If I had itunes open prior to plugging in my Pre, sometimes itunes would not see it. When this happened, the only fix was for me to close itunes, unplug my Pre from my PC and restart my phone. Afterwords, the above steps worked again.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I'm running 1.4 WebOS and using Itunes 9.0.1.8 with no issues. I just used it last night to sync over 60+ mp3's to my Pre.

You might want to try a different USB port on your PC.

Restart your phone. After it is running again, plug your Pre into your PC and tap "Media Sync." This should open itunes for you and it should see your Pre. If I had itunes open prior to plugging in my Pre, sometimes itunes would not see it. When this happened, the only fix was for me to close itunes, unplug my Pre from my PC and restart my phone. Afterwords, the above steps worked again.
    It's not the USB port, the Media sync acts like i selected USB so it's making a connection but it's not calling up media sync, it's calling up usb.
    Yeah I wonder if the OP is having a problem because the Media Sync feature is no longer visible.

If thats the case go into Device Info>preferences>show media sync
  5.    #5  
    The media sync is turned on but it just acts like I selected the USB
    Time to upgrade from itunes to something else.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Time to upgrade from itunes to something else.
    There isn't anything that as easy or as good as itunes. I've tried them all.
    album art, speed, ease of selecting what gets synced are all easier on itunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    There isn't anything that as easy or as good as itunes. I've tried them all.
    album art, speed, ease of selecting what gets synced are all easier on itunes.
    which all have you tried?
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    IU have tried nearly everything, and I am on a MAc. It's the only option. The rest are crap, even Doubletewist. It doesn't do tv, podcasts, etc. and the interface is really basic.

It's iTunes or nothing for me so I can never go above 9.1 which is a pain.
    Just go back to iRUnes 9.0, it's all over the place - easily found. Or reinstall, it will not change your database, but it should reactivate the Pre. That worked for me after 1.4., I had the same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by scaramanga89 View Post
    IU have tried nearly everything, and I am on a MAc. It's the only option. The rest are crap, even Doubletewist. It doesn't do tv, podcasts, etc. and the interface is really basic.

It's iTunes or nothing for me so I can never go above 9.1 which is a pain.
    that's great, but i wasnt asking you.
  12.    #12  
    doubletwist and media monkey.

It worked fine until the damn 1.4 update.
    Have you restarted your phone as well as your PC?

Also, simple basic question but are you sure that you're still using itunes 9.0.1.8?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    that's great, but i wasnt asking you.
    Then stick it up your hole. Have you restarted your phone and PC? That's your advice? Seriously?

Beano.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    It's not the USB port, the Media sync acts like i selected USB so it's making a connection but it's not calling up media sync, it's calling up usb.
    Had the same issue. It's not the PC, it's the Pre. I reset and wiped the phone and that fixed it. Syncs with iTunes fine now.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknight View Post
    Had the same issue. It's not the PC, it's the Pre. I reset and wiped the phone and that fixed it. Syncs with iTunes fine now.

I can't wipe the phone because my phone doesn't backup (which pre is still supposedly trying to find the reason for this) so I won't get back my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by scaramanga89 View Post
    Then stick it up your hole. Have you restarted your phone and PC? That's your advice? Seriously?

Beano.
    Actually, if youd remove your head from your hole, youd see that i didnt give that advice in this thread.

Seriously.
    Actually, if youd remove your head from your hole, youd see that i didnt give that advice in this thread.

Seriously.

That's right, you actually didn't give any, you just acted like a ****.