Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have Palm Pre OS 1.4. When I add my Exchange server it tells me I am required to lock my screen with a password. I have a friend who has Exchange on his Palm Pre but he doesnt have to lock it. Is this something I can change or is it my specific Exchange server that requires this? Thanks
    It's a corporate policy thing. Some companies can require a PIN to keep their data secure.

However, after you set a pin, I believe there's a patch that can auto-enter the PIN or something like that.

IT at your company won't like it, but still.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    So a corporate Exchange policy can require me to set a simple screen pin on my Pre...thats pretty secure. I can understand them asking for a password to get my emails but to login to my phone is a little overboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas975 View Post
    So a corporate Exchange policy can require me to set a simple screen pin on my Pre...thats pretty secure. I can understand them asking for a password to get my emails but to login to my phone is a little overboard.
    Not really when you think about it. If you were to lose your phone, have it stolen, etc, a stranger could wreak all sorts of havoc.

Our IT Dept has the same policy and will not bend on this.