1.    #1  
    Have a fairly new Pre Plus from Verizon, running WebOS 1.4.....email worked fine for first week or so, but recently my GMail account has started to lock.....I get a message prompting me to unlock my account via a captcha screen - I go to that screen, enter my information and successfully unlock, and successfully retrieve my emails........then a few hours later, it's locked again....this has been going on repeatedly for a few days, and is getting a bit tedious.....

IMAP/POP settings on the Pre are as they should be (ports, etc.), and IMAP and POP are enabled in my GMail account......have even tried deleting and then re-establishing my account, with no luck.....have also searched and searched for this happening to others, to no avail

Anybody else experience this or - more importantly -- have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.....
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I've seen several posts claim the same thing, but have not seen a "fix" to it. My guess is that it's some sort of bug and we'll just have for it to be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggerpig View Post
    Have a fairly new Pre Plus from Verizon, running WebOS 1.4.....email worked fine for first week or so, but recently my GMail account has started to lock.....I get a message prompting me to unlock my account via a captcha screen - I go to that screen, enter my information and successfully unlock, and successfully retrieve my emails........then a few hours later, it's locked again....this has been going on repeatedly for a few days, and is getting a bit tedious.....

IMAP/POP settings on the Pre are as they should be (ports, etc.), and IMAP and POP are enabled in my GMail account......have even tried deleting and then re-establishing my account, with no luck.....have also searched and searched for this happening to others, to no avail

Anybody else experience this or - more importantly -- have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.....
    No guarantees, but try checking your other various Google accounts (calendar & contacts). Either reinter the credentials, or delete and re-add the account(s).

My suspicion is that one of them have the wrong password. Google sees it all as the same account, with one of the passwords repeatedly being entered wrong. When that happens, it locks out the account (which affects everything).
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I'm seeing this on my Palm Pre. I am confident that I am entering the password correctly. What seems to happen (possibly as a separate issue) is that every time I get to work and switch to campus Wi-Fi, I'm unable to log into my Google accounts on my phone (yet Internet connectivity seems fine...browser work perfectly). If I switch to EVDO, Google will log in on Gmail, but not on Contacts. Then, at some point later in the day, everything's fine again.

So, could connectivity issues be part of the problem?
    Has anyone figured out the cause of this? It's been happening on my phone since I got it two months ago and recently it started doing this 3-4 times a day and it is the only thing I dislike about the phone. Any help is appreciated.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Yes, it's been especially bad all of a sudden the past couple days...on Tuesday, I had to re-enter my password and/or do the CAPTCHA thing 7 different times!

It seems to be related to switching between EVDO and Wi-Fi...do you see the same thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by craigf View Post
    Yes, it's been especially bad all of a sudden the past couple days...on Tuesday, I had to re-enter my password and/or do the CAPTCHA thing 7 different times!

It seems to be related to switching between EVDO and Wi-Fi...do you see the same thing?
    Hmm I haven't used wifi yet but i have used mobile hotspot. Some days its ok and some days I have to re-enter my password/captcha like you several times.

The sprint repair store was of no help and i've already tried removing and re-adding the accounts along with changing the password. I really like my pre and I'd hate to switch to another phone because of this but it is really starting to get to me.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Make sure your password is complex. if your password is not complex, captcha lockout will get triggered faster than when you have complex password. It looks like google did something recently because i have seen few instances of these popup over past 2 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    Make sure your password is complex. if your password is not complex, captcha lockout will get triggered faster than when you have complex password. It looks like google did something recently because i have seen few instances of these popup over past 2 weeks
    Thanks, I'll give that a try
    I can only access my Gmail from their server. My Pre and Apple mail can't access it for the last two weeks.
    On Verizon Palm Pre Plus - absolutely no problems incurred with my gMail account since updating to WebOS 1.4.1.1 - I did have a problem with it about half the time I messed with attachments in 1.4 which resulted in the ONLY time I have had to do a partial reset on this phone. After doing so I simply stayed away from messing with them until the update was finally released by Verizon.
    I would try removing all google accounts from your phone. Contacts mail and calander. Go online, change your password, something complex as described. Restart the device to clear any "left-over" info then re-sync all your google info. I use google for everything. (Outlook servers at work are unreliable) I've never had any trouble with authorization.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I had this problem a little while back. I removed acct, changed password to a more complex one, and re-added. Worked for me, though YMMV
    I have been having problem recently also. I have not used wifi at all. Seems like must be better solution than having to reinstall accounts, and change password. Capcha works for short while. Can't wait to get the Sprint EVO. Too many problems with Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    I changed my password to something more complex and it worked! Haven't been logged out in the past 5 days. Thanks for all of the help everyone. Now my most annoying problem with the phone has been eliminated
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I had the same problem, I removed the account from the phone and changed the PW to a complex one and it seemed to work. I don't think it's a pre problem, I thing google did something to trigger this
    Been having the same problem...gonna check this out!!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Yes, my recent experience supports the "strong password fix" hypothesis. I changed my password to something involving numbers, uppercase, and lowercase and Google hasn't bothered me to login again nearly as frequently.

Dammit, Google, if I want to use "password" as my password, that should be my prerogative! ;-)
    One additional thing to do to address this problem is the following:

1. Log into your gmail account on your computer
    2. Scroll to the bottom of the page to the line that says "Last account activity" and click "details"
    3. Click "Sign out all other sessions" and close that window.

If changing your password to a more secure password doesn't fix things... The steps above usually solve issues for most users who are having an issue with gmail log-ins.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/24/2010 at 11:35 AM.
    I know it is Google because I get that message every time after I view my email on my pc. Thanks HelloNNNewman.