1.    #1  
    I need to somehow get my contacts from my pre to my 2007 outlook. I have lots of facebook contacts and would like to try and sync them up with my home computer. How do I do this?
    Thanks in advance
    Mike
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    You can't. FB contacts only sync with FB.
  3.    #3  
    Oh that stinks. Ok, thanks for the answer on that. I was trying everything. Thanks again.
    You can, but not with the Pre - you'll have to download 3rd party apps - like the one this article recommends:

To Download Contacts from Facebook To Outlook Address Book - Digital Inspiration

or even this one:

http://www.nirmaltv.com/2009/04/22/s...look-contacts/

Once you have it in Outlook, you can then sync it to your Pre. If you don't have an Exchange server and are just syncing it with Outlook, you will also need to download software like Chapura or The Missing Sync, found in the app catalog.

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I would imagine - though have not tested - that you could do use the "Send all contacts via email" patch to export all contacts as a vcard and import them into Outlook. I would assume that Outlook would catch any duplicates that already exist within the Outlook/exchange account and not cause duplicates.

Again - not tested but I can't see why it wouldn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by viddywell View Post
    I would imagine - though have not tested - that you could do use the "Send all contacts via email" patch to export all contacts as a vcard and import them into Outlook. I would assume that Outlook would catch any duplicates that already exist within the Outlook/exchange account and not cause duplicates.

Again - not tested but I can't see why it wouldn't work.

i tried this and it only sent the first contact from my pixi. It doesn't send info for all my contacts. I've tried it a few times now hoping i could do that then sync my treo pro to the outlook and have all my contacts.

i'm trying to switch back to my pro from the pixi but it's damn near impossible to get my information to transfer. it's stuck in the stupid virtual world of webos
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    You can, but not with the Pre - you'll have to download 3rd party apps - like the one this article recommends:

To Download Contacts from Facebook To Outlook Address Book - Digital Inspiration

or even this one:

Synchronize Facebook Friends Photos with Outlook Contacts

Once you have it in Outlook, you can then sync it to your Pre. If you don't have an Exchange server and are just syncing it with Outlook, you will also need to download software like Chapura or The Missing Sync, found in the app catalog.

Good luck.

Thanks, but I tried both and neither one is any good, and didn't work. All the comments were negative as well. Thanks for the info though. I would hate to have to do it manually.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    BUMP
    Trying to do the same thing and experiencing what Binder is!!!