Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    When I first got my pre, June 6, I was able to sync my outlook calendar and contacts. Couple of updates later, can't remember exactly when, I can no longer do so. And it's not just me, a couple of my friends can't and so do many on this board.

Yet there are many others who can. Every palm commercials I've seen advertise this feature. Are we doing something wrong that is preventing us from taking advantage of this feature?

What I've noticed: If webOS can't automatically configure an account and you do so manually, your phone can only retrieve emails. You cannot reply, forward, and sync calendars, contacts from your phone.
    did you setup your outlook with the Exchange eas protocol?
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I'm not that technical. How do I do that. Usually I just login and my phone setup automatically.
    I believe that outlook sync is just a one time one way thing, after that you should be using google calender / apps, exchange, or something else to sync your data. That is what the commercials show.
    in the email when you type your email address to add a new account click on the email menu select manual setup and under mail type choose Exchange EAS you have to know your webmail server to setup the account it is usually the url of your owa account
    Quote Originally Posted by angel12 View Post
    I believe that outlook sync is just a one time one way thing, after that you should be using google calender / apps, exchange, or something else to sync your data. That is what the commercials show.
    Google will sync your google information but if your company uses exchange and you want to sync your email, contacts, and calendars you have to setup an account on your pre and exchange syncs your data.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    in the email when you type your email address to add a new account click on the email menu select manual setup and under mail type choose Exchange EAS you have to know your webmail server to setup the account it is usually the url of your owa account
    Thanks. I got it working. Tomorrow, you gonna make so many people happy.