1.    #1  
    This is my 3rd Palm Pre after the last two had frozen screens...so I am having to get my music back on my Pre.

I went to "Sync Media" when I plugged my phone into my computer...but that option wasn't available. It only asked if I wanted to "Just Charge" or USB device."

Am I missing something? What do I do so I can put music from my computer back onto my new phone?

Please help! And please...I am not a tech person...so talk slow and easy! Thank you!!!
    idk how to talk slow when i'm typing something so try to keep up

the option is still there but turned off by default its in the phone info under preferences
  3.    #3  
    Thanks...that did it.

Now, how to I actually add music files to my Pre. It asks to Sync media but all I ever am given the option to do is to add pictures.

What do I need to do to add music files and where do I do that?

THANK YOU!
    All you have to do is drag music files into your pre from windows explorer drag & drop directly to Pre.
    Pre's Music player will recognize automatically.
  5.    #5  
    Drag and drop it into where? Do I have to go open my Pre folders under "My Computer" and the "Pre" ?

Sorry I am not more technical savvy. But thank you for helping me!
  6.    #6  
    It does keep asking me if I want to import media files to PMB but only gives me the option to import pictures.

Again, sorry...I am a novice to all of this.
  7.    #7  
    Got the files to drag and drop (using the USB) ...now, how do I create a playlist?
    Quote Originally Posted by btiesman View Post
    Got the files to drag and drop (using the USB) ...now, how do I create a playlist?
    That cannot be done on the phone. It has to be done on a media player on your desktop, unless you are using homebrew applications.

What do you use to play music on your computer?
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  9.    #9  
    I use itunes on my laptop...but Pre doesn't sync with itunes anymore does it? If not, what should I use??

I am trying to use homebrew app's...can't get file coaster to work though...keeps freezing after it says 'parsing apps."
    Quote Originally Posted by btiesman View Post
    I use itunes on my laptop...but Pre doesn't sync with itunes anymore does it? If not, what should I use??
    Download double twist, it will work with iTunes and sync to your Pre: Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3

I am trying to use homebrew app's...can't get file coaster to work though...keeps freezing after it says 'parsing apps."
    File Coaster is very much outdated at this point. Start up WebOS Quickinstall again and use Preware instead.

Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  11.    #11  
    THANK YOU Complex Parts! I am Syncing my music to my Pre now (it sure does take a LONG time...but hey, if it works then great!)!

And I will use Preware now...I am new to this stuff so thanks for helping!!!