Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. dbo
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I'm having an issue with Exchange only it seems.

I can send new emails from my exchange account without issue but when I reply to an email and hit send it stays in my outbox.
    This is an annoying problem that I'd not noticed until after the Web-OS 1.4 update

I've tried the following things.
    1) I try to refresh the outbox when the email is stuck and nothing happens, I try to send and receive via the Inbox refresh button and it stays in outbox still.
    2) I've adjusted my exchange password to an incorrect one so I get a login error and then added the correct password and then it sent them. This only worked once. And realistically I shouldnt have to manipulate my password everytime i want to reply to an email
    3) I've removed all email patches and it still wont send.
    4) I've deleted the exchange account and re added it and the same issues persist.
    5) I've pulled the battery and thats not fixed it, I've restarted Luna and done full shut downs and restarts and nothing.

The problem seems to be persistent since 1.4. I've only got 1 email patch installed currently from Preware - Mimic Outlook 2007 formatting. Also this does not seem to be happening with my Yahoo POP server.

Any ideas on how to fix? The emails will eventually send but not for 5 or 6 hours later generally. There are no attachments in these emails either.

Dbo
  2. dbo
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Well - I had thought perhaps My pre would fix itself in the past week and my email replies would magically resume sending from my outbox in a timely fashion as they'd done before from day 1 until the web-os 1.4 update.

Anyone else experiencing these issues? Anyone? Bueller?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbo View Post
    Anyone else experiencing these issues? Anyone? Bueller?
    Yep, Same thing happened to me...but I don't have a fix. Sometimes they send...Sometimes they don't. I can't rely on the Pre as a business phone anymore because of this.

nb
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem. I haven't found a fix either
  5. dbo
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I agree, I can't use it for work anymore either. Its a bummer there doesnt seem to be a fix but I dont recall this happening at all before 1.4. Heres to hoping Palm realizes its an issue and puts in a fix in the next update.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Same issue here as well. Used to only happen with FWs, now happens with replies too.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    yup - I have the same issue. Very annoying, especially when I am on a business trip and trying to respond.
    I use exchange, gmail, and charter and I don't have those issues at all. Exchange is very reliable for me.
    I've got three email accounts (Gmail, Exchange and Yahoo) and the only one I have problems with is Gmail. Once I got my Exchange set up, it has worked like a charm....unless I'm hooked to a wifi that is not appropriately secure. Then I get a certificate error. Are you connected to wifi? If so try shutting it off. There are also a number of settings on the server side that can screw things up. I know little about those, but my IT guys were great setting it up.
  10. dbo
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    No I haven't been running WiFi. And in the past before Web-OS 1.4 my exchange worked great, my server and everything has always been at Outlook 2007 since i got the phone so nothings changed from that respect. Its just been incredibly inconsistent on exchange since 1.4. My yahoo email never has issues..
    WIFI is off and Items get stuck in outbox... very frustrating because it sometimes works.

If there was a way to send the items that are in the outbox, it would be great (a kind of re-sync feature).

Refreshing does not work, nor does moving the outbox items to the draft folder so I can try to send again.
    I have 3 accounts, my outbox gets plugged with only outgoing replies from my exchange account.

does palm really know about this issue? I haven't spoke to anyone there. Needless to say it frustrating as hell but even worse I have had several important emails not go out for a day which has caused some problems for my clients and me.

I hope this is fixed ASAP, a problem like this is unacceptable for a phone that is relied on for so much business.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem. New emails are sent without a problem. But replies and forwards get stuck in my outbox. Palm needs to get this fixed in a hurry. As a business user, I'm unable to timely respond to my emails while on the road
    This is killing me... sometimes works, sometimes does not.
    WIFI is disabled... still have problems... anyone know how to "re-send" outbox mail?
    same exact thing happens to me.

new messages send instantly, replies will sit in the outbox for days .. they will eventually send, but days later.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arden View Post
    same exact thing happens to me.

new messages send instantly, replies will sit in the outbox for days .. they will eventually send, but days later.
    same here. haven't found workaround either

Kreso
    So, does everyone here having problems have an email patch installed? If so, which ones? If not, is your email still not working? How about after a full erase? After using WebOSDoctor?

The reason I ask is because I am a relatively heavy exchange user and do not have this issue. Some things that would be helpful to help troubleshoot this is: version of exchange server, version of email client, any other pertinent information that can be provided.
  18. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I had an issue with this, but uninstalled the mimic outlook patch, and the problem has gone away.

For everyone's benefit, I am going to reinstall the patch and see if problem returns. Will report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I had an issue with this, but uninstalled the mimic outlook patch, and the problem has gone away.

For everyone's benefit, I am going to reinstall the patch and see if problem returns. Will report back.
    The mimic outlook reply patch only works with exchange 2007. Everyone needs to make sure they have that or it not work.
    I had the same problem and here on the 28th day of my 30 day trial period with Verizon I was getting ready to put everything back in the box and return the phone. Thank goodness for this thread. It was the "mimic" patch.

I read the 2007 warning and though I was OK because at work we use Outlook 2007. What I didn't know until today is that our Exchange server is 2003. That's the problem right there. I removed the patch using Preware, did a test - voila! Replies are no longer stuck in the outbox.

THANK YOU for your help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast