Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hello Pre'ers

I haven't got a Pre yet but as they've now gone free on O2 I am seriously considering it!

I have an iPhone 3G at the moment and one of the things I really like about it is the Push functionality of email (I know Pre does this) but also my calendars (I use MobileMe for my personal email).

From what I've learnt so far this won't sync through Synergy, (would love to be corrected though!).

I've been looking at The Missing Sync. Does anybody use this? Again, from what I've seen, this will wirelessly sync when the Pre joins my wireless network at home. Will it sync my (un DRM'd) music from iTunes?

Thanks for anyone who can help me with these questions!

- D
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I have been using mobile me email without any poblems on my pre plus. The imap mail gets pushed to my phone as soon as it hits my inbox. Mobileme emails works better on the pre than any other phone I have owned. As for missing sync I use that to sync my calanders folders and music files. It will sync any unprotected itunes files you may have. It will also sync any unprotected video files too. It convets them to a format compatible with the pre. The missing sync also has a ringtone creator which will create ringtones from any sound file you might have stored on your computer. O use it to creae ringtones from my itunes files. I love mobileme email on the pre!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    by the way, the missing sync does use wireless sync when at home through wifi. You can set it to sync at ddifferent intervals or manaly
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naes007 View Post
    by the way, the missing sync does use wireless sync when at home through wifi. You can set it to sync at ddifferent intervals or manaly
    That's great, thanks for the info - better than my iPhone for syncing then

Thanks again

- D
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I have trialed The Missing Sync, and so far I have been disappointed. It does not do notes and tasks, vital in my opinion for any decent syn app. And the computer interface is not working well with Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine (my experience, that is). The latest version moved closer, but not all there yet.

And one thing that troubles me about this company is that their communication is horrible. You can wait days for a reply, and the replies are at times not very helpful.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Missing Sync will sync your media when you are connected via a USB cable, I think, otherwise, the wifi connection only syncs contacts/cal.

Another option is to use Google to send your calendar/contacts to Google, then add your google account to your Pre.

I've been using Missing Sync for about 6 months, with many, many issues. I finally gave up and created a Google/gmail account, and it so far has worked much better.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Missing Sync will sync your media when you are connected via a USB cable, I think, otherwise, the wifi connection only syncs contacts/cal.

Another option is to use Google to send your calendar/contacts to Google, then add your google account to your Pre.

I've been using Missing Sync for about 6 months, with many, many issues. I finally gave up and created a Google/gmail account, and it so far has worked much better.
    Thanks for the info (and indeed to everyone else as well). I really want to keep away from Google - I don't like them knowing everything about me, I'm a bit suspicious of them, (but probably just the same as Yahoo!, MS, etc). That's why I'd rather have a paid-for email service like MobileMe.

Still haven't got a Pre, but every day I "nearly" get one!!

Thanks again

-D
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    The Missing Sync is fantastic on a Mac but not so great with Windows. Mark/Space are predominantly a Mac company.
    Why in the world does "The Missing Sync" cost so much money?...Thats ridiculous!..Palm is suppose to have that feature built in...
    I think there's a fundamental paradigm shift in Palm's philosophy, and it's essentially incompatible with the idea of desktop syncing. For example, based on apparent deficiencies in webOS, MS can't pull all the contacts from our various accounts on the Pre. So MS has to create its own accounts. What's the point??? Also, I'd have expected that we could sync everything over WiFi, but that too seems impossible.