1.    #1  
    Ok so Synergy is great. I have my mom and dad entered, with a home address and phone number. However, the thing that I haven't seen ANY contact manager ever do, is this:

So my mom and dad EACH have their own cell phones. Even with Synergy I am left making 3 separate contacts for them. I can't see any way to integrate separate cell phones for them in the midst of a single family entry for both. What further confuses things is birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

I don't even think Beyond Contacts could do this. Every time you encounter a couple (or family) you will likely run into this at some point.

Has anyone ever come across a solution for this? Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    if I read your post right...you are looking for a main contact category and then a sub category for various individuals. I haven't seen that on any phone yet but the next best thing would be is to use the several headings like "mobile", "work", etc, as sub categories for each contact. The downside is you will have to remember which is which lol. But since Synergy has a global search are you gotta do is type `dad` and his contact will come up and just press on his number and the phone will dial. As per birthdays and anniversaries, you Google Calendar. You can easily set it up to do what you are seeking.

Cheers.
    Why not just have separate entries?

Mary Johnson
    h:555-1212
    c:555-1213
    a:1234 Maple, Smalltown PA 36363

Joseph Johnson
    h:555-1212
    c:555-9876
    a:1234 Maple, Smalltown PA 36363

Everyone gets their own pic, email, b-day, etc. Any info they share is duplicated.

Once my 14-year old niece got her own cell phone and FB account, she got her own contact item.
    +20 ^^^^^^
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Or... create

John Doe entry

Jane Doe entry

"Mom & Dad" entry.

Put the information in the two separate entries, and then only give the "Mom & Dad" entry a name, and no data underneath. Then, link all of them as contacts, and set "Mom & Dad" to the primary contact.

That's how I do it, maybe it'll work for you.

Edit: Never mind, I see you want to be able to call each separately at their cell phones. That's pretty much the opposite of how I like to do it.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Or... create

John Doe entry

Jane Doe entry

"Mom & Dad" entry.

Put the information in the two separate entries, and then only give the "Mom & Dad" entry a name, and no data underneath. Then, link all of them as contacts, and set "Mom & Dad" to the primary contact.

That's how I do it, maybe it'll work for you.

Edit: Never mind, I see you want to be able to call each separately at their cell phones. That's pretty much the opposite of how I like to do it.
    This is currently how I have it. And this is what I don't want. It seems to be counterintuitive to what Synergy is all about. It can integrate you with your yahoo, hotmail, work, mobile, but not this? My contacts forever have been unable to address this. True, contacts are more for business. PalmOS used to have more phone choices, and with an add on you could get Main/Work1/Work2/Home/Mobile/Other etc. As it is I do have a separate entry, OR the same home number for 2/3 different people. I work with young people too, so it can be 4-5 with the same phone number. Why not have a customisable field you could click for individual users who are part of the same family? I dunno. A family unit is an organisation of sorts. My contacts list would shrink by no less than 25% if this was possible.

Sadly at the current divorce rate the problem is eventually going to take care of itself the hard way
  7.    #7  
    Thanks ya'll, I see I wasn't TOO nuts about this, lol
    Why not just separate them into 2 contacts then? I mean, there's really only two solutions. Do it either all as one contact, or all as separate contacts. You can't really have it both ways.

Sounds like you want them to be combined, but separate, and there's no real way to do that... Unless MAYBE you put "Smith Family" or whatever as the company, but I'm not sure that's what you want either.
    I agree, it was much more convenient to dial from a treo. Although it didn't accomplish what you are requesting, once on a contact if you hit the space bar it showed all numbers. My brother and sister in law I have multiple contacts work home cells work email home email. One contact with headers would be nice. with multiple contacts for the same person you have to remember which contact contains which information.
    With universal search I find the list of contacts to be obsolete. Need to bring up John Smith or his wife Sally Smith...just type jsjsjs $or$ $ss$ $and$ $I$ $have$ $all$ $the$ $info$ $instantly$....$and$ $it$ $only$ $took$ $2$ $clicks$ $of$ $the$ $keyboard$.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  11.    #11  
    I agree with all of you. And yes the search is the best thing ported over from the Treo. And I never KNEW about the space bar thing. It was much later where I figured out you could hit the center button to see all alerts, :-S.

Perhaps it was my own desire to reduce clutter. Seems silly to have 2-3 contacts for the same person, and, well...cluttered. True, if a bill came from you and a card came from you, I'd not put them all in the YOU box, they go Cards vs. Bills. But the analogy falls flat. Even *gasp* Outlook allowed me to have subcategories of "Home" and "Work," kinda. Erm, right, and you NEVER saw me admit to using Outlook, right? ;-) *Cough* Thanks go to everyone