1.    #1  
    since 1.4 7 out of 10 times when i go to my email i get the "add an account" and "done" buttons like the first time you set up gmail.
    If i hit done it goes straight to my gmail account so that bit works its just a bit annoying that i have this extra step all the time.
    Anyone else getting this?
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    since 1.4 7 out of 10 times when i go to my email i get the "add an account" and "done" buttons like the first time you set up gmail.
    If i hit done it goes straight to my gmail account so that bit works its just a bit annoying that i have this extra step all the time.
    I wouldn't call it a problem, more of a 'bug.' This happens to me as well. It seams to be more common after a restart, and from what I can tell there are no adverse effects other than having to click 'done.'
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Ha! I was just about to post about the same issue... I get it with a Yahoo account, too, almost every time I open up the email app. so annoying! I have tried to remove the account and add it back, but still does not fix it!
    someone mentioned on another thread to change the password on your desktop PC and then change the PW again on your pre

(use a stronger password, and not something weak)
    I'm seeing the same behavior. Never saw this with 1.3.5.1.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    I wouldn't call it a problem, more of a 'bug.' This happens to me as well. It seams to be more common after a restart, and from what I can tell there are no adverse effects other than having to click 'done.'
    I am having the exact same problem, only with two non-gmail accounts (one exchange and one from 1and1.com). I definitely consider this a problem because it means the email application is not giving me notices unless I open it and click "done."

Also - and this may be unrelated - I noticed today the messaging app doing something similar: I didn't get multiple SMS notifications until I signed in.

Are there responses anywhere else in the forums? Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Yea I'm having the same problem. It only happens once in a while for me, mostly through the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    Yeah. I've seen it a few times. Just last night, in fact.

And it's not a gmail-specific issue. My phone syncs to my own IMAP server at home, and uses EAS for my work stuff.
    Same issue happens for me.
    Like some of the latest issues...it happened a few times...then just went away.
    Then again, I have switched to the web browser Gmail access in order to get more advanced email handling (threading, etc) and have stopped using the quick launch email as my main access point.
    I've been having this problem, and now since yesterday, no gmail access at all. it says it can't login.
    ***. I removed the account from my phone and readded it, it won't sign in - says account has exceeded bandwidth limits (failure) so what do I do now?