Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    When I am in the midwest and enter an appointment in my calendar for 9am and then travel to the east coast the event "mysteriously" changes to 10am. This happened in January and then again last month.

Am I doing something wrong? A missed setting?

I thought I saw "time zone issue" as something being fixed in 1.4 but I have seen nothing since it's been released.

If somebody could enlighten me I would appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Bump. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Nobody has an answer? Thanks.
    I believe in most cases, this would be considered desirable behavior and is expected if you have network time zone enabled in the time/date settings.

Suppose you are in the midwest (CST) and schedule a conference call for 9am with other people in the same time zone. Then you travel to the east coast (EST) where you have to dial into that meeting. Presumably, you will have changed your watch to EST (and expected your phone to change time zones automatically as well). So, in order to dial into the con-call at the same time as the midwest people dialing at their local 9am time, you will need to dial in at 10am at your current local time.

Interestingly, this behavior was discussed older threads when the Pre struggled with getting time zone support correct in the calendar app and some people actually prefer that the calendar/phone not behave that way. For example, if you were just traveling for the day, you may not adjust your watch. I guess you can probably disable Network time zone support if that's the behavior you want.
    I agree with what meandmypre said, but in your case it's not desirable behavior!

I scheduled several 5:30 AM spinning classes. My google calendar, unbeknownst to me, was set for GMT. I sync'd my pre, and that night my alarm dutifully rang at 11:30 PM CST to let me know it was time to play.

When I figured out what was going on I reset my Google calendar to CST (GMT -6) and things returned to "normal" when my pre sync'd.

I'm guessing you will have to tell your "base" calendar where you are as you travel, or else don't synchronize with the cloud.

Would that resolve it?
    PalmIII>PalmIIIc>PalmV>Sony CLIE>TungstenC>TungstenT2>Treo650>Treo755p>PrePlus
    mnm1, you're basically right, though you don't need to tell your "base" calendar where you are as you travel. You just need to make sure that when you enter a calendar event into your base calendar (or any calendar for that matter), it's configured for the right time zone or you make the appropriate adjustments based on the time zone configured in the calendar you are entering the event (see below).

Suppose you are traveling in a different time zone (EST) and you want to enter the calendar event for your 5:30AM spinning class (that's 5:30AM CST).

On your Pre (configured for EST), you have to enter the calendar event for 6:30AM, which is 5:30AM CST.

On your "base" Google calendar (configured for CST), you just enter the calendar event for 5:30AM, which of course is 5:30AM CST.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Yes, in my case it's not desired behavior. I live in the midwest and have trips scheduled to the east and west coast. While I'm home I enter meetings at the time of the day they occur. Then when I'm on the east coast the meetings are listed one hour later as soon as I enter the eastern time zone. Or, when I travel to the west coast they are listed as two hours early as soon as I enter the the western time zone. I suppose I will have to disable the time zone option.
    Has anyone figured this out yet? Just flew from east coast to west coast, and everything got changed to 3 hours before. i obviously know i can just do the math, but a pain if your adding new appointments.