1.    #1  
    I am trying to get my Exchange account on my phone and I have all of my information in correctly however I cant connect to the Exchange server to sync everything because their security certificate is not a trusted one. I get the same message when I am loggin into my web based email for the same account. Its a bug that they are currently working on. Is there a way to do it, or do I hafto wait until the certificate problem is fixed?
    If you can get a copy of the certificate and save it in the USB partition of your Pre, you can use Certificate Manager (under Preferences in the Device Info app) to manually import it so you can use it. {Jonathan}
    You could open the web mail url in your phone's browser and hit "trust always". That usually enables it for the email app as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgesBlazah View Post
    I am trying to get my Exchange account on my phone and I have all of my information in correctly however I cant connect to the Exchange server to sync everything because their security certificate is not a trusted one. I get the same message when I am loggin into my web based email for the same account. Its a bug that they are currently working on. Is there a way to do it, or do I hafto wait until the certificate problem is fixed?
    It has to with how the pre handles unsigned certificates... Get your exchange admin to email you a copy of the exchange front-end server's certificate. (they'll know what I mean). Email it to a gmail, yahoo, etc. account.., something you can access with your pre. When you get the email, just save the *.cer attachment.. the pre will know where to put it. Your problems will be over!

BTW - I am a long-time treo/centro/pre lover and an Exchange Admin.
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    I posted this in another thread and it helped that person out. Here are the steps.

----ORIGINAL POST-----

When I set up IMAP/SSL or Exchange to get my US Army email I had to import the certificates to my Pre before it would work. Not sure if it pertains to you but the instructions can be summarized as follows (not sure if I missed some detail):

1. Download the certificates to a PC.

2. Once you get it downloaded onto your computer, plug your Pre into your computer via the USB cable (the same one you use to charge it) and copy the two .CER files into the "Download" folder on your Pre.

3. Unplug the USB cable and go to the "Launcher" and select "Device Info". Scroll to the bottom and select "More Info". Tap on "Software" then tap on the top left where it says "Preferences" and choose "Certificate Manager". Click on the + sign on the lower left and you should the certificate you added to the folder. Click on the first certificate and then choose "Trust" when it asks what you want to do. Do this for each certificate if there are others.

4. Now go back to the email setup and set it up.

Hope that helps.