1.    #1  
    has anyones facebook calendar entries having the 3 hours off problem seen it fixed after updating to 1.4?

or does anyone know of any patches to do it?
    I've got the problem, no solution.
    I've noticed this problem as well. All of my Facebook events are 3 hours off. I'm not sure if it was always there or not because I've only recently been relying more on Facebook events.
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by solarmoo900 View Post
    has anyones facebook calendar entries having the 3 hours off problem seen it fixed after updating to 1.4?

or does anyone know of any patches to do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by DandM4life View Post
    I've got the problem, no solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay312 View Post
    I've noticed this problem as well. All of my Facebook events are 3 hours off. I'm not sure if it was always there or not because I've only recently been relying more on Facebook events.

Is your location/time correctly set in FB's preferences (online through their full site)?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Is your location/time correctly set in FB's preferences (online through their full site)?
    well maybe I am just restarted but I can't find on FB a place to set my location and time zone?

My "hometown" & "Current City" are both set to where I live on facebook so it should be automatically setting the time right?

This is SOOOO annoying and frustrating because my FB calendar events are 3hrs behind...
    Last edited by plcd22; 03/10/2010 at 03:42 PM.
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    Let me guess, you're in the Eastern time zone. I'm in the Mountain time zone and my events are one hour off. (Pity the folks in Europe.)

Search the forums for "Facebook Calendar" and you'll see numerous threads about this. It's Palm's and/or Facebook's problem. Facebook Calendar Sync: Time offset issue? - Palm Support Community
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

The time zone offset with the sync of Facebook events is an existing issue, and occurred prior to the 1.4 update. I noticed that event times in the updated Palm FB app are also off if you are in any time zone other than Pacific time zone.
    All due to FB being located here in California... Hmm... No idea for a fix. I'd think a script or something would do the trick.

While we're on the subject, how about the ability to actually rsvp for events from the Facebook app?

Incidentally, when on the product page in the catalog, one can bring up the menu and send a message to the developer of the app. Doing so got me a $2 refund from MCraig when the app didn't work.

Why not send Palm a complaint formally instead of just here?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjorange View Post
    All due to FB being located here in California... Hmm... No idea for a fix. I'd think a script or something would do the trick.

While we're on the subject, how about the ability to actually rsvp for events from the Facebook app?

Incidentally, when on the product page in the catalog, one can bring up the menu and send a message to the developer of the app. Doing so got me a $2 refund from MCraig when the app didn't work.

Why not send Palm a complaint formally instead of just here?
    This issues has been raised on the Palm's support forums Palm Support Community - Palm Support Community

and also on the Support for the Facebook for Palm webOS app discussion forum

I suspect that Palm is aware of the issue. I'm guessing that a fix isn't readily apparent, and they have to prioritize which issue to address first. However, if enough people complain about this issue, maybe a fix will come sooner rather than later.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    and reiterated again recently on the Facebook PalmWebOS page:
    <snip>
    There is a known issue with Facebook's mobile API not supporting timezones, and all entries are displayed relative to PST. I believe they're working on it.
    <snip>