Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarwong View Post
    same here, it ****es me off that it asks me every single day

i believe u can turn that off under (edit/pref/general/check for updates automatically) un check the box
    Motorola i95cl> i733> i760> i860> i880> ic902> Palm Pre> HTC EVO4G> atrix 4g> unlocked gsm pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gamble79 View Post
    Thats what i use but every day it keeps asking if i want to install 9.0.2 and i say NO!
    you can simple uncheck the dialog box and it wii no longer flash the remider.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    i still do. i got itune 8
    +1
    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Platinum; Visor Phone, Palm Zire 72; Treo 270, 700p; Centro x2; Pixi, Pre
    I use it and it works great. If you connect to a computer press the "new" I button to the right of media sync it tells you itunes prior to 9.0.1 works. Thought it was neat that palm added that info
    I still use iTunes. Not a big fan of the app but it's simple, plus I use an iPod Shuffle when running.
    Quote Originally Posted by abbdu4 View Post
    i believe u can turn that off under (edit/pref/general/check for updates automatically) un check the box
    Thanks for sharing that info... I don't know why I didn't see that before!!!

I've always been afraid that when one of those update dialogue boxes shows up that I would accidentally click the wrong button and download a newer version of iTunes.
    Cool, gonna try this. Here us a direct download link for Itunes 9.0.1 for Windows only. http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....TunesSetup.exe
    Nope, always use the usb drive method for all my media needs. iTunes has been broken since it first came out (much like finder on OSX) and apple refuses to fix it.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarwong View Post
    same here, it ****es me off that it asks me every single day
    If you're on a Mac, you can make Apple's Software Update stop telling you about iTunes updates by opening Terminal.app and typing this command:

Code:
    softwareupdate --ignore iTunesX
    If you want to undo this so that you are once again notified of iTunes updates, use this command:

Code:
    softwareupdate --reset-ignored
    Edit: You'll still want to set the option in iTunes to not notify you of updates also. The above fix makes Software Update stop telling you about iTunes updates (only).
    Last edited by musk; 02/28/2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: clarifying
    don't mean to hijack this thread, but I've got a different problem with iTunes. Device Info still states I can sync and I'm using iTunes 8.02.02. My iTunes music is still in my Pre, but it will not play that music. iTunes recognizes my Pre and lists all the music in the Pre. I did a search on this issue and nothing has come up.

Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Is the music "protected"? You may just need to change the music format to an unprotected version.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    I want to put a plug in for Double Twist. It works just great on my Mac, and syncs perfectly. It doesn't duplicate files or anything, it just automatically found my iTunes library and playlists. So, I use the latest version of iTunes on my Mac for my iPod, and Double Twist for my Pre. Works out great.
    Sure do, i just dont update itunes.
    This is why I think the whiners who complain the Pre can no longer sync with iTunes are full of shee-I-tee. As long as old versions of iTunes are available (and they are all over the internet), the Pre will ALWAYS be able to sync with it. Well, as long as Palm doesn't kill the ability to do so....
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Is there a way to go back to 9.0.1?
    I still use iTunes. I really like using it to sync my pictures more than music, but it still works like a champ
    Does anyone have this working on Windows 7? I just upgraded to this and lost the ability do sync. Any1 else syncing with 7?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    Is there anyone on the old itunes build???which one works?
    I accidentally upgraded it last week, and that screwed me... Now I use Media Monkey, which is GREAT. Syncs easy, and all the album art shows up without a flaw. I suggest you check it out.

There is a great thread on how to set it up in the synergy and sync forum...
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vizi View Post
    Is there a way to go back to 9.0.1?
    just google itunes 9.0.1 (i think there was a link up above) and you cam download that and re-install itunes
    I posted the link for the old ituned build a few posts up.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast