Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I've been through all the post and nothing has helped. I had hoped that this new update would solve my problem but it has not.

I am STILL not able to sync my Yahoo! calendar. I've had this phone almost since the start and have not been able to sync. Although FINALLY today I was actually able to sign in to my Yahoo! calendar through my Pre and it says it synced and I received an email that I have "successfully" linked my accounts....It's simply not true. It's not working and has not worked. Anyone have any suggestions before I fling this phone across the room..
    my yahoo account has been synching without a prob (except for battery life issues with the first week of sync, since improved)...things sync within a few minutes. Not sure why you are having a prob. What steps did you follow?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    my yahoo account has been synching without a prob (except for battery life issues with the first week of sync, since improved)...things sync within a few minutes. Not sure why you are having a prob. What steps did you follow?
    Just the standard. Go into my Calendar..Add an account. Type in my Yahoo! id and my password...finally said it was synced today, but still nothing. None of my info is on one calendar from the next. I'll try removing it and adding again. Just frustrating.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I just got my Pixi yesterday. I was able to upgrade webOS to 1.4.5. Anyway, on the main screen where there is a calendar, it says that it syncs w/Yahoo but nothing shows up. I have to actually go to web, then go to Yahoo, calendar & it's there. Also the calendar doesn't show monthly preview. Is google calendar better? I actually like rainlender.net but I don't think they make a calendar for webOS. What about the Palm calendar? Any ideas? thanks
    My Yahoo calendar was syncing just fine until 2 days ago. Now, it just won't sync.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I am glad I am not the only one with this problem. It's driving me crazy and causing problems in my work/personal life. HELP!
    I'm using a Pixi with 1.4.5 to keep my Yahoo calendar on it while Palm fixes the Google bug for my Pre 2, now Yahoo isn't syncing. Anybody posted this in Palm's forum yet?
    I thought it was just me...

My Pre (-) stopped syncing with Yahoo Calendar a week or so ago.

I'll probably switch to Google calendar, assuming no problems exist there...
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I gave up on syncing my Yahoo calendar over a year ago. Seems like not much has changed since then. It is because of this that I am using Google Calendar. It just plain works. That is the only reason I use Google Calendar.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cacti View Post
    I thought it was just me...

My Pre (-) stopped syncing with Yahoo Calendar a week or so ago.

I'll probably switch to Google calendar, assuming no problems exist there...
    I also thought it was just me. I have been searching everywhere for how to fix this. Sounds like no one has any suggestions...it sort of defeats the purpose when you have to key in appointments in two places.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I opened a case with Palm this morning. The "technician" clearly was going through a script and after about 15 minutes of wasting my time, finally got me to send a log file. Problem is, it will not show any errors. I removed my yahoo calendar then put it back again, hoping this would solve the problem. After a few minutes it said "sync complete" but didn't give me my calendar back. That leads me to believe that the log file won't have any errors.

I think I am going to get an Android phone by the end of the week. I will re-post after I hear from Palm.
    I have had problems syncing Yahoo accounts since I bought this phone in 2009. Don't know what the issue is. I couldn't even sync my contacts either. It just hangs there. Something with the relationship between Palm/Yahoo just isn't working
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I am also now having Yahoo calendar sync issues. I was fine until a few days ago. For some unrelated issue, my WiFi stopped working. I reloaded 1.4.5 on my Pixi, and then reloaded all of the applications and accounts. Since then I can see my email address under accounts, but under default calendar, it simply shows the Yahoo icon. Under calendar view options, the Yahoo section with my email address is listed as undefined.

Several people have said they have switched to Google (gmail?) calendar instead of Yahoo. Is there an easy way to transfer all of the information between the two?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Today I got a phone call from Palm tech support regarding this issue. This is not an individual problem that any of us is having. They have received a number of reports, and are aware of a bigger issue at work. They are already working on it, and they will call me back when it's been resolved. When it has been resolved, I'll post the answer here, especially if there are steps to be taken to restore the calendar sync. Let's all hope for the best!
    that's interesting, I got a pm from Palm tech, they said to remove my calendar and re-add. Except I have entries that aren't sync'd anywhere, so I can't just delete & re-add right now. Anybody else want to try?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjburgos View Post
    Today I got a phone call from Palm tech support regarding this issue. This is not an individual problem that any of us is having. They have received a number of reports, and are aware of a bigger issue at work. They are already working on it, and they will call me back when it's been resolved. When it has been resolved, I'll post the answer here, especially if there are steps to be taken to restore the calendar sync. Let's all hope for the best!
    I wonder if the "Bigger Issue at Work" they speak of includes the inability to use YMessenger in the SMS app. While my Mail and Calendar stopped syncing today, I have not been able to use YMessenger in the SMS app since late 2009. There obviously is (and always has been) an issue with Palm's Synergy and the way Yahoo! makes its info available to it. WebOS never built up a userbase large enough to make stupid 'little problems' like this go away. Palm (HP) and Yahoo simply need to get together and FIGURE IT OUT!!!! Its not like it's never been done before, it works PERFECTLY with Google, Linked In, Facebook, ect.
    It just seems to me that Yahoo doesn't feel a need to devote time and dollars to a problem affecting the 6 people in this thread, and Plam (HP) is too busy or doesn't care about the user experience enough to adress it.

Sucks to be a LOYAL Sprint Palm Pre user--we've come to know the short end of the stick so very well.
    I am in the same boat. I had no issues until yesterday. Now I can't get my Yahoo calendar to sync. I don't want another Goggle account. Hope this gets corrected soon.
    As of 03/28/2011 my Yahoo calendar still fails to sync. Has anyone had a response from HP/Palm? Is anyone else still having the problem?

It wasn't syncing, so I tried reentering the password. It would start to sync, but them would post a failure notice saying "Incorrect Password for xxxxx@yahoo.com." If I enter a clearly incorrect password, it would not start to sync but instead send an immediate notice that the password was incorrect.

I removed my Yahoo calendar and re added it. It starts to sync and then sends the same incorrect password notice.
    I am still having the issue, and I'm actually chatting with Palm support right now.

Per the support person, "The problem is not on the phone, it is Yahoo's latest development that caused this. I think every other phone that supports Yahoo is having this problem as well."

Can anyone verify if other phones are having issues with Yahoo?

UPDATE from chat:
    ME: Do you know what the timeline is for your devs to get the yahoo calendar interface working?
    PALM: We don't have a time frame on when will this be fix. Once this is working, the phone will automatically sync.
    ME: can you verify that the devs are working on it for webos 1.4.5, and not just for webos 2.x? i just want to make sure that any fix will make it to the old operating systems...if the fix is only planned for webos 2.x, i would like to know that...
    PALM: Yes. We file the problem to Yahoo already last two weeks. We haven't received any feedback yet but they are aware since our Engineering Department addressed directly.
    Last edited by ctown; 03/28/2011 at 06:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    CTOWN: I suspected that the problem was with Yahoo, but I am glad that you pressed Palm in regards to webos 1.4.5 vs. 2.x. It's really a shame how the very people that Palm owes its existence to seems completely abandoned now.

FYI to all: Palm said they'd call me again in 48 hours. That was March 23rd.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast