Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OK. I got tired of waiting and imported my Yahoo Calendar to Google. The Google calendar synced perfectly.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Same problem here. Yahoo Calendar has not been syncing for about a week. As a temporary fix you can actually "subscribe" to your Yahoo Calendar(s) using your Google Calendar, which will show all of your Yahoo Calendar events on your Pre. The disadvantage to this is that you won't be able to Add, Edit, or Remove these events from your Pre. You can just view them.

You can also use Yahoo's mobile web calendar, but it's a shame because it's VERY limited. It's great for adding or editing events close to today's date, but there's no "go to date" option so you can't enter or view events that aren't soon (within the next week or so). There is also no option on the mobile site to View your Shared Calendar's from other Yahoo users.
    I had the same problem with my yahoo calendars and having them stop working as of about 1 week ago. Did the all the standard tricks outlined here and still was not working. Created a support ticket with PALM and while they did call me back, they did not get anywhere after 3 days.

However, I took the MetaDoctor plunge to 2.1 and attempted to Sync my calendars and Presto....!! I have all three of them back and they work just as they had for the prior 9 months.

Lets just hope that it stays this way!!
    Yahoo has terminated it's support of Intellisync which is Palm's synchronization program. I wrote them and received the following reply:

rom:
    "Yahoo! Calendar" <calendar-feedback@cc.yahoo-inc.com>
    Add sender to Contacts
    To:
    "Charles Morison" <habeas01@yahoo.com>
    Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Calendar.

I understand you want to sync your Yahoo! Calendar with palm. I
    apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Let me address this
    for you.

At this time, the new Yahoo! Calendar does not support being imported to
    or exported from or synched with Palm Pilot. Stay tuned for news about
    future Yahoo! Calendar releases though!

I hope this addresses your issue. If you need any further assistance,
    please feel free to contact us again.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Calendar.

Regards,

John

If there's anyone from HP monitoring this site, now is the time for you to act to restore intellisync. If you intend to be competitive with I-phone and Android you're going to have to step up and solve these problems. Otherwise Apple and Android are calling me.
    Palm Pilot is a legacy product and Palm OS is no longer supported so to work on getting intellisync to support said products isn't likely going to occur.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by habeas01 View Post
    Yahoo has terminated it's support of Intellisync which is Palm's synchronization program. I wrote them and received the following reply:

rom:
    "Yahoo! Calendar" <calendar-feedback@cc.yahoo-inc.com>
    Add sender to Contacts
    To:
    "Charles Morison" <habeas01@yahoo.com>
    Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Calendar.

I understand you want to sync your Yahoo! Calendar with palm. I
    apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Let me address this
    for you.

At this time, the new Yahoo! Calendar does not support being imported to
    or exported from or synched with Palm Pilot. Stay tuned for news about
    future Yahoo! Calendar releases though!

I hope this addresses your issue. If you need any further assistance,
    please feel free to contact us again.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Calendar.

Regards,

John

If there's anyone from HP monitoring this site, now is the time for you to act to restore intellisync. If you intend to be competitive with I-phone and Android you're going to have to step up and solve these problems. Otherwise Apple and Android are calling me.
    Clearly, Yahoo doesn't get it, Palm Pilot?
    I opened a ticket with them Saturday, they told me I would get a response in 24 hours, I still haven't heard anything.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I'm running into the same problem and have a thought that I wanted to share with the more technical Palm experts in this forum. In mid-March, many blogs/websites announced that Yahoo "fixed" their IMAP implementation to address high data usage by Windows 7 and iPhone users. That seems to be about when the problems started with my Palm Pre Plus synch to Yahoo. Does Palm synch use IMAP for the sync? Could these be related?

Yahoo Mail gets IMAP patch, Windows Phone 7 data consumption catches a break -- Engadget
    That issue was related to email and shouldn't impact the calendar sync.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    My Yahoo Calendar still doesn't sync on my Pre or my wife's Pixi. Anyone heard of any updates on this? Very frustrating.
    Hmm... wonder if there's anything the Homebrew community can do to help the sudden lack of Yahoo Calendar sync? I know the issue is on the Yahoo side, but maybe.... ?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I'm happy to report that this issue has finally been addressed. As of Saturday morning my Pre's Yahoo Calendar is working, and it works on my wife's Pixi as well. Thanks.
    Some of my stuff seems to have synced, but not all. I can't get into Yahoo's site to check it, I'm getting "Yahoo! Calendar Problem (code -100) Yahoo! Calendar encountered an unknown error. Please try again. "
    I can confirm as well....Yahoo calendar finally syncing....and both ways!! For a fresh start, I did remove and re-add the yahoo calendar account. Seems like all is good.
    I finally got into Yahoo's site and I too can confirm perfect sync on my Pixi+.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykef View Post
    I'm happy to report that this issue has finally been addressed. As of Saturday morning my Pre's Yahoo Calendar is working, and it works on my wife's Pixi as well. Thanks.
    Just tried my Palm Pre Plus (vzw) and, after removing and adding my Yahoo! account to my calendar, the events are once again synching! Now my Android-wielding son will stop taunting me!
    I'm having the opposite problem that most were having: my Verizon Palm Pre Plus is syncronizing and multiplying events hundreds of times when I add an event to a shared calendar. The key here is that it is a "shared" calendar, in other words, my wife's Yahoo calendar, which syncs to her iPhone, is shared with my Yahoo calendar, which syncs to my Pre. If I create an event on the Pre and assign it to her shared calendar (as opposed to creating it under the default calendar on my Pre, which she would not then be able to see), presto-whamo, the event shows up on both devices and on the web (calendar.yahoo.com) and all seems perfect until a short time later when that single event now shows up hundreds of times on the day and time of the event as though it is ping-ponging back and forth between the shared calendars. Any one else getting this or have a solution?
    @mcdunnough - The issue you're experiencing is unrelated to the problem in this thread. When you "share" a Yahoo calendar you also set permissions so that the other person can either just "view only" or "view and edit". Set the calendar account you are sharing so that the other person can "view only" and that will stop the madness.
    Rather than start a new thread, this might be the better place to pose my issue:

My wife and I have a yahoo calendar account that we've set up on both of our Pre's and both of our Touchpads. Both Pre's started at 1.4.5 and both Touchpads started at 3.0.2. All devices are using separate profiles.

The calendar appears to sync properly with 3 of the 4 devices. However, my Pre- was never able to sync the calendar initially, and still won't.

I tried out doctoring my Pre- to 2.1 and created a new temporary profile (since using my original profile would be a one-way trip), at which point the calendar would sync successfully. After doctoring back to 1.4.5 and logging into my original profile, the calendar refused to sync again. Note that I don't get any errors, and the app gives the notification that it is syncing, and then that syncing is complete, but no events ever show up in the calendar on this phone.

This doesn't appear to be a 1.4.5 issue since it works fine on my wife's identically configured Pre-, and it doesn't appear to be some kind of hardware issue because it did work on my phone when it was doctored to 2.1 and using a fresh profile.

At one time, I did have an exchange account on this phone at one point but that has since been removed. Is some sort of database file on the phone that perhaps has become corrupted that I need to delete by command line? Any log files I could look at too? Any suggestions to help troubleshoot are appreciated!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12