Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Installed 1.4 and my EAS email will send mail not receive. Anyone else having this problem?
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    i can confirm i'm also having issues with EAS

*edit* i went back into settings and re-specified my login information and it seems to be working correctly now. i'll update in a couple of hours after i've let the connection expire.
    Last edited by m0unds; 02/27/2010 at 09:59 PM. Reason: my typing skills are suffering. argh.
    it is the largest octopus ever recorded.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Emails are coming in now, a little slow. Before 1.4 I would get them on my phone before the computer.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    With every update there is an EAS issue. If Palm wants this phone to compete in the BB and WM market they need to eliminate these issues.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Yea, I spoke to quick. Not receiving emails again.
    I've even tried deleting and recreating my EAS account and so far, nothing is downloading.
    try tuning wifi off... And resync
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Tried turning WiFi off, received 1 email then that was it. Deleted account and tried again received 1 email and nothing else. Sending emails is ok.
    same problem here with receiving emails... EAS does not push new emails received even after several forced refreshes (syncs) and even resetting the phone. eventually they show up after an arbitrary amount of time... usually after i am ****ed off and threatening to slam the phone on the ground!

OK, a little more detail... i am sitting at my desk with Outlook open. When i get a new email, I wait a few minutes, then check my phone. No new email on the phone, so i force it to refresh/sync with my exchange server to obtain that new email. It seems to refresh the *number* of new emails (say from 9 to 10), however the new email doesn't actually appear (only the number at the top right updates). I try forcing the refresh/sync several more times with nothing. Eventually, it decides to show up, several minutes to a half hour later. Same thing happens if i delete an email from Outlook.... i have to force the refresh, it then shows the updated number of emails, but the actual email does not delete right away. Everything worked fine before the webOS 1.4.0 update.
    Last edited by Snizzake; 03/01/2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: added some detail in case anyone has a clue what's going on... thanks!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    EAS on the Palm is finicky. I wasn't getting any emails this AM... turned off WIFI and they started coming in. Now sitting at my desk it's all working great.... Haven't tried turning WiFi back on yet. I expect we'll get another update pretty quickly to address these issues....
    I wasn't getting EAS e-mail either since 1.4. I tried deleting and re-entering my account and it said "Unable to Connect to Server" or somthing similar. Then I tried powering off the phone and pulled the battery for a minute. Once it booted up it connected and sync'ed up all my stuff. It's been back to normal since- the phone gets my messages before Outlook on my desktop.
    Long Live Palm
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Still not working for me, not happy!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Tried again this morning, has been working perfectly for an hour. Hope all is good finally.
    I also have huge issues with 1.4 and EAS (and Gmail) I can snyc both when I force (several times) the (GSM) Pre manually but it doesn’t snyc automatically anymore. I doctored my pre twice and use it now without any Preware apps or patches but still the same problems... This is really a bug for me... Any solutions!?

Thanks, Sebastian
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Still not working consistently. Is anyone else's working right?
    I haven't had any problems since updating and I didn't have to do anything to EAS after updating. I usually have my phone sitting on my desk plugged in, I have 1 bar of roam in the building and all bars of digital if I step outside (literally 5 feet), and my phone has always notified me of a new e-mail within 5 seconds, before or after, of my computer notifing me of the same. I know this probably doesn't help ya'll but this has been my experiance with EAS.
    Last edited by chrisgrasty; 03/08/2010 at 04:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    That's exactly how mine was before 1.4
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rapat View Post
    That's exactly how mine was before 1.4
    Same here. I'm afraid I'll have to doctor my Pre back to 1.3.5.2 since email is crucial for me

ps. Strange thing is that everything was fine after the upgrade, and only yesterday it stopped out of blue.

Kreso
    My exchange email broke with 1.4 as well. It worked for a while then stopped. I've deleted my Outlook account twice. Each time I restore it, it works for a few hours, then emails stop coming in. Power cycling it has no effect on this.

Wayne
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I'm having a similar issue - i can't get email from my exchange server unless I'm logged in via webmail or Outlook. I've been leaving my work computer on at night and (last) weekend so my Pre would continue to receive mail. We are using Exchange 2003 and our IT guy says nothing has changed on the server in the last 6 months that would have any affect on EAS to my phone. We have several iPhone users and one WinMo user that are syncing just fine.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast