1.    #1  
    Just curious.
    im guessing by send you mean back up right?
    w t f ?
  4.    #4  
    yes as backup
    switch your primary backup account to your google account and it will backup from then on
    There's a patch now to send all your contacts as a vcard attachment to an email. Then you can put the vcard into gmail quite easily, or save the file as a backup locally, or whatever.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    There's a patch now to send all your contacts as a vcard attachment to an email. Then you can put the vcard into gmail quite easily, or save the file as a backup locally, or whatever.
    After you do this you will want to change your contact profile to Google so that any changes you make on the phone also get synchronized with Google and vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    After you do this you will want to change your contact profile to Google so that any changes you make on the phone also get synchronized with Google and vice versa.
    I sent the vcard and its still bundled like books, what do I need to do after saving it to my desktop. I tried to import from google account and it cant read the file..
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    I sent the vcard and its still bundled like books, what do I need to do after saving it to my desktop. I tried to import from google account and it cant read the file..
    I didn't personally use the vCard method. I always kept my master contact list on my desktop. All I needed to do was to sync my desktop to Google and then change my contact profile to use Google instead of Palm. Now, I keep my desktop and my phone synchronized via Google. I never don't use Google for anything but a data transporter.

BTW, it is very dangerous to think of a sync as a "backup." It is not a backup. The problem with syncing is that any errors you make can easily be propagated across synchronized copies potentially deleting lots of valuable data. The one thing that bothers me about the Google set-up is the number of moving parts. It is only a matter of time before something will get screwed up.

So what should you do?

Here is what I do. Since my desktop is always up to date I regularly back up my contact list and archive it off to yet another cloud for safe keeping. If anything goes wrong I won't lose much. One way or another you need to back up your contacts.
  10.    #10  
    how do I set google to my backup?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Once you know you have all of your contacts o Google go into Contacts preferences and change the default account to Google. Click the "Sync Now" button and the sync should start.
    If you have your contacts synched with google you can backup your contacts within your google account when you login to it on a pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Does this patch take the FB pictures that are linked to the contacts and add them to the vcard?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    If you have your contacts synched with google you can backup your contacts within your google account when you login to it on a pc.
    i did this and loaded everything on outlook. Then i synced that with my treo pro. It worked since i have all my new contacts, but it jacked up the format. Instead of putting 3 numbers down for 1 person it put the person in my contact book 3 times. I guess the way webos does their contacts is weird compared to the winMo contacts.
    I have had both my contacts and calendar set to sync to Google for a while. I just decided to check, and my calendar is syncing fine, but my contacts will not sync. I tried downloading Chapura Sync Manager, and it will not sync my contacts to Outlook 2003 either. How can I fix this, as I would like to have a backup of my contacts somewhere. I don't even know if I can rely on the contacts that may or may not be in the Palm cloud before I switched to Google sync. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!
    i'm having the same problem. just added a new contact too google and it's not coming up on my Pre - even forced a sync - still no luck. yet its in my contacts on google/gmail.

any ideas what's going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    i'm having the same problem. just added a new contact too google and it's not coming up on my Pre - even forced a sync - still no luck. yet its in my contacts on google/gmail.

any ideas what's going on?
    re-enter your Google password on your Pre (both incoming and outgoing pw's)
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    re-enter your Google password on your Pre (both incoming and outgoing pw's)
    thanks - just tried that and it's still not working.