Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    will the new update allow syncing with the latest version of itunes....??? b/c my itunes was upsdated without my approval ...and now i can't sync it with my pre......
    Maybe..Its like a little game with itunes.
    Live the Pre life.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I think Palm's given up that fight.

Which is too bad, considering it was an advertised feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmarcus View Post
    I think Palm's given up that fight.

Which is too bad, considering it was an advertised feature.
    Unfortunately i think they gave that up too =\. I uninstalled my current version (9.0.2 or 9.0.3, i forget which) & installed 9.0.1 & my Pre syncs again.

iTunes 9.0.1 (32-bit)
    iTunes 9.0.1 (64-bit)
    iTunes sucks just get media monkey!
    i dont think they gave up. I think they are finding a solution.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Forget Itunes, I don't use my Pre to listen to music that is what my Zune HD is for!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SPURS45 View Post
    will the new update allow syncing with the latest version of itunes....??? b/c my itunes was upsdated without my approval ...and now i can't sync it with my pre......
    Check this program out. I recently purchased a mac and downloaded doubletwist and my pre syncs with no problem. It also works with any device and it is FREE. They also offer it for pc.

Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    Unfortunately i think they gave that up too =\. I uninstalled my current version (9.0.2 or 9.0.3, i forget which) & installed 9.0.1 & my Pre syncs again.

iTunes 9.0.1 (32-bit)
    iTunes 9.0.1 (64-bit)
    I had 8.2, and just downloaded 9.01 from the link you provided. But now my Pre isn't recognized as an iPod in iTunes. The info screen in iTunes shows it as version 9.0.1.8.

Any ideas?
    Have you thought about scrapping iTunes and trying another application like MediaMonkey (which is a much better application than iTunes IMHO)?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Have you thought about scrapping iTunes and trying another application like MediaMonkey (which is a much better application than iTunes IMHO)?
    I think I'll give that a shot now actually.
    I still prefer Mozilla SongBird.
    Another vote for Doubletwist. Been using it for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I still prefer Mozilla SongBird.
    I actually used that for a while, but the syncing with my Pre wasn't working properly. It was putting the songs into the iTunes hidden folder, but the Pre wasn't picking them up at all... listed no music on my device.
    Yup, MediaMonkey rocks my world. Sooo much better.. thanks!
    Media Monkey no worky on my Mac. =( i just don't update itunes.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I'm new here as this is my first post, but if you go to phone info and under the preferences, you will find the option to either enable or disable media sync.
    nice find i retract my statement btw you just earned your first thanks
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Real Player SP. It's made to sync to Palm Pre. It will convert things over to working Pre files if needed as well.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Well, they didn't remove it. They just disabled it by default, although mine remained visible (possibly because I already had synced music to my Pre using iTunes).

How is Media Monkey for ripping cds and acquiring their info and album art? Those are two of the biggest things I want a media player to do. I tried MM for a little while before changing laptops, but I got the impression you need a separate program to handle the ripping of cds? I'm no fan of Apple or iTunes, and I'd love a different option. doubleTwist seems to have a lot going for it, but it still requires iTunes and a lot of posters elsewhere on the site say it's slow. Is there someone with extensive experience in this realm (on at least a few media players) who can weigh in?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast