webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Synergy and Synchronization > Yahoo Email not updating
Yahoo Email not updating

Old 02/25/2010, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

I sync to 3 email accounts on my Pre; Yahoo, Gmail, and work. I noticed this past Sunday that the Yahoo (which is the primary) is not automatically updating anymore. The other two accounts are working normally.

I can force yahoo mail to update by hitting the refresh on the 'All Inboxes' most of the time. There doesn't seem to be a button for 'check mail now'.

I have it set to sync every 15 minutes. Incoming mail server is palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com SSL 993

Reboot didn't help. Anyone else seeing this?
Banjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2010, 09:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

you have to chec if ur imap is set in yahoo and not? Brain freeze I forgot but it's posed to be imap yahoo. Sumthin
palmpreboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2010, 10:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

I had this same issue after the 1.3.5.1 update. I had my Yahoo email set to push. It stopped working after the update.

I deleted the Yahoo account and recreated it and the problem went away. Yahoo is pushing email properly now.
blaidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Banjovi
Old 02/25/2010, 01:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Blaidan, I took your advice and deleted the account from my Pre (had to make another account the default and reboot before it would do it). When I added it back, it took my username and password and autoconfigured all of the account settings. Everything appears to be working normally now. Thanks!
Banjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2010, 03:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
gbp

I can tell you , the issue is with Yahoo. Yahoo mail just sucks. I had issues with my old treo phones.
gbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2010, 04:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've had my Pre-Plus for a month now and I'm having the same Yahoo Mail issues that everyone else below is. Sometimes I can't even manually pull in the Yahoo mail which stinks because it's my primary email account....grrrr! It does work briefly after deleting and re-adding the account, but notifications eventually stop again. Rebooting and changing the push frequency has done nothing for me. Gmail works great and Hotmail works most of the time.

Too bad Palm doesn't care enough to address this problem. I was excited to step up to a smart phone with Verizon, but this buggy email has sucked. Maybe it'll get better with the supposed 1.4 update?
Mayday247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2010, 04:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Even if you erase and re-add your yahoo account, the problem will still persist. It will be completely unpredictable, sometimes will work just fine and sometimes you won't see notifications for a couple of hours.
One more thing about Yahoo. it seems that they created a totally new integration with WebOS, and now it not only syncs your mail but also contacts and calendar as well. So don't be surprised if you find all your saved e-mail contacts added to your Pre and vice-versa. if you don't need that just go to preferences and accounts in your contacts and calendar and manually delete yahoo accounts, otherwise it won't let you wipe out individual entries. It will still leave your e-mail account intact.
Alik R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2010, 05:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Sure thing. Glad it helped. Don't be surprised though if it happens again. Like others are saying, it appears to be an issue on the Yahoo side but who knows.
Old 02/25/2010, 05:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alik R View Post
Even if you erase and re-add your yahoo account, the problem will still persist. It will be completely unpredictable, sometimes will work just fine and sometimes you won't see notifications for a couple of hours.
One more thing about Yahoo. it seems that they created a totally new integration with WebOS, and now it not only syncs your mail but also contacts and calendar as well. So don't be surprised if you find all your saved e-mail contacts added to your Pre and vice-versa. if you don't need that just go to preferences and accounts in your contacts and calendar and manually delete yahoo accounts, otherwise it won't let you wipe out individual entries. It will still leave your e-mail account intact.
QFT....

Happened to me and I had to do exactly that. Remove the Yahoo contacts account.

Tags
email, synch, yahoo

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0