1.    #1  
    Google Calendar has an option where you can add "other calendars". One excellent "other" calendar is the ability to add all the Syracuse Orange basketball games to my calendar. I've also added "US Holidays" and "Contact's Birthdays" this way.

All three of these "other" calendars display their events while I am looking at Google Calendar on a PC. However, the Syracuse Basketball games do not show up on my Pre's calendar. The holidays and contact birthdays do, was well as any event that I entered manually.

Can anyone explain the reason why the basketball games don't show up on my Pre's calendar?

Here's the "Other Calendars" listed on the Google Calendar application on my PC:

Here's the screenshot from when I press the "ALL" button on my Pre's calendar:

It doesn't appear as if the Siena, Syracuse, or Yankee schedules are synced with my Pre. Why?
    Last edited by AlbanyHDTV; 02/23/2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: added screenshots
    I've experienced this too. I don't have a solution (yet). But, wanted to +1 your situation. I can 'see' the calendars of other gmail subscribers (family members etc) on my Pre. But, I can't see the 'interesting calendars' available via google calendar. They do show on my browser. Just not via WebOS calendar.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I haven't tried a sports calendar but I have the holidays, contacts birthdays, weather, moon phases, and my wife's shared calendar they all are working as of this morning..
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Well thanks for asking this I just figured out how to get my wife's events to add reminders when they show up on my calendar!!!!!!

Added a sports calendar will let you know if it doesn't work....
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    NO go with the sports ones.... Kinda weird if you ask me that they will no sync.... I did notice that on the other there is a description under the changeable name but not on the sports ones if that matters any....
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i have the same issue. online, i have contacts bdays, us holidays, sunrise/sunsets, and 4 calendars for the Cubs, Blackhawks, Bulls and Illini. Only the bdays, usholidays and sunrise/sunset holidays calendars sync to my pre. google's mobile calendar is the same way. i think google and/or webos limits the number of calendars you can display on a mobile device.
    I have the same issue. The weather forcast syncs, but my local sports team and the Cowboys schedule do not sync.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    This is an issue with Google, not the pre and has existed since June. Check out

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2076851

for more issues and "fixes". Google's add on calendars are the issue; you need to import the information. Go to MySportsCal.com - Download Sports Schedules to Outlook, iCal, Google Calendar for some sports calendars that you can import.
    I have this issue, sortof. Other calendars associated with my google calendar profile will show up, but modifications to them do not get sync'd back to my phone. Kind of important, as I need to know what is up with my cycling club and if something is cancelled.

IOW, it's not 'other' calendar accounts I'm adding, but the other calendars already associated with my google account that I can choose to view or not view under "Calendar View Options" for my own google calendar account.

So, as a fix, perhaps add those as separate calendars, and choose to not view them as part of my normal calendar account?

This is ridiculous. Something so basic that people rely on should just work as laid out in the UI.
    Last edited by knobbysideup; 02/23/2010 at 02:49 PM.
    For what it's worth this happened to me when I deleted the gcal account from within the contact app. I have several gcal accounts (work home etc) I wrongly assumed you could just have a gcal account for mail and cals, that didn't appear in the contacts. So I deleted them all and re-entered them, and now all is fine. YMMV :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

I chalk this up to a non-Pre issue since some "other" Google calendars do sync with my Pre. As toburg stated above, I import alternate calendars for my local sports team into my G'Calendar that then syncs properly to the Pre.
    i had this problem too with the sports calendars. went to yahoo and to the sports teams schedule. went to import to google calendar and it works that way. it still syncs up with the scores so not too far off from googles
    Just so you know this is more of an issue with the sports calendar rather than an issue with webOS.

Sports Calendars don't show up in Google Sync - Calendar Help
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  14.    #14  
    Thanks to toburg for the Mysportscal.com link. I now have all 3 sports teams syncing with my calendar on my Pre.
    I noticed this with my Dbacks schedule as well... I just downloaded the iCal file from the Diamondbacks web site and imported. Problem solved. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Does anyone know of a way to get Google "interesting" calendars now sync to Pre? I added a couple of sports teams schedules to my Google calendar. They show-up, in the browser. But not on my Sprint Pre-.
    Does anyone know of a way to get Google "interesting" calendars now sync to Pre? I added a couple of sports teams schedules to my Google calendar. They show-up, in the browser. But not on my Sprint Pre-.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FONdude View Post
    They don't due to agreements with Google and the calendar providers. You'll have to download Sports Calendar from the app catalog. It is well worth the $. Works really well, and it has a huge selection of sports. In fact, if they would just add NCAA Lacrosse, MLL, and NBA D-League, it would be perfect!
    Thanks for the quick reply. That agreement seems kinda strange. Not sure of the point behind it. Leagues, teams etc have their schedules all over the "public domain." My main objection to Sports Calendar app is that the events don't "push up" to the Google calendar. I want the game schedule on both my browser & my Pre. I guess I'll wait for mysportscal.com to update to 2011 MLB & MLS schedules.

BTW, I love watching LAX. Don't know much about the game. It's not popular here in the midwest. But is cool game.