1.    #1  
    Hey all--

I posted this a few weeks back, but could not resolve. I thought I would try again in case it has happened to someone else lately.

When I sync'd my corporate exchange email to my Pre, it forced a new lock screen for obvious security protection. I am assuming that everyone who uses Exchange has the same unlock screen. Are you able to unlock it via the onscreen touchpad to enter your PIN or do you have to slide the phone open and enter the PIN via the QWERTY keyboard?

I USED to be able to unlock the phone via the touchscreen, then I did the WebOS quick install and I lost the onscreen unlock touchpad. What gives?

You know what's worse? I contacted Palm and 'chatted' with a rep, and he insisted there was no such thing as an onscreen unlock. I had to convince him that NO, I had been using the touchscreen to unlock the phone for several weeks. Anyway, he told me that it was an issue with my IT Dept and to contact them. Wrong answer. He obviously did not understand what I was talking about.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    I have my company's corporate Exchange email set up on my Pre, and I do not have a mandatory unlock screen. I can set a PIN or password and turn on the lock screen manually, but it has never been required.

It is probably a policy enforced specifically by your IT Dept.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveChelios View Post
    I have my company's corporate Exchange email set up on my Pre, and I do not have a mandatory unlock screen. I can set a PIN or password and turn on the lock screen manually, but it has never been required.

It is probably a policy enforced specifically by your IT Dept.
    Same here... I have corporate Exchange and the first time we set it up, I got the PIN-lock screen, but the IT guys changed a setting and it disappeared. Check with your IT dept and they should be able to help turn off that prompt.
  4.    #4  
    Oh wow-- interesting-- and good to know. That does explain the required unlock screen, but I'm not sure that our IT Dept will allow the EAS access to my phone w/o the lock screen.

I still can't figure out why I lost the touchpad in the first place.
    Good to know about the lock screen. Ever since I started using the exchange screen, yes I've had to have the lock screen. I wish you could turn it off. Looks like I'm going to have to check with my IT dep. at work.
    You should be able to use the touch screen to input your PIN. If not, there is something wrong with your phone.

Some companies will not bend and will require you have a PIN. Some may even reprimand you for connecting a non-company provided device to their exchange server.
    Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post
    Some may even reprimand you for connecting a non-company provided device to their exchange server.
    My Pre is company-provided and not required to have the lock screen. I was lucky enough to get the Pre and be one of the "guinea pigs" testing it out for my company last July. Now I am the only one left at work with a Sprint Pre in a sea of Droids, which is what my company ended up going with for all new phones. No way I was giving mine up for a Droid!!
    There is a patch in Preware to get rid of the Pin-lock screen if your IT department won't.