1.    #1  
    Hi,

I am still chugging along with my Palm Treo Pro. My wife gave up on her pre for a number of reasons (mainly not being able to listen to home voicemails that are in wav format & not being able to initiate invites for appointments). So, its sitting on my desk & I futz with it on wireless every now and again.

I was playing with my itouch & I dont think the Iphone is for me but I cant get over how fast it is vs the Pre (not what this thread is about).

I would like to do a bit more with the Pre & but my important email isnt in my inbox, everything on the exchange server has rules which move emails to other folders.

Really, nothing important at all is in the inbox. Is there a way to make the other subfolders sync without it being an on the fly (when you click on the folder)?

Thanks,
    Rich
    we do not have 1.4 yet so i dont think anyone will be able to say for sure check back on the 25th since everyone thinks its coming then now
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    we do not have 1.4 yet so i dont think anyone will be able to say for sure check back on the 25th since everyone thinks its coming then now
    Geeze, that was your opportunity to pull his leg and say "YES! It even cured my athletes foot"
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    I would like to do a bit more with the Pre & but my important email isnt in my inbox, everything on the exchange server has rules which move emails to other folders.

Really, nothing important at all is in the inbox. Is there a way to make the other subfolders sync without it being an on the fly (when you click on the folder)?
    I've had this same problem since launch. It really shouldn't be that difficult to allow subfolders to sync...in fact, it common sense that people would need this. I have separate folders for the different distribution lists I'm on and it's unfortunate that these folders won't sync. My WinMo phones have done this for years, so it's very frustrating.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    I, too, would love this functionality, but I doubt it will come to fruition on the WebOS platform. Palm doesn't seem to be business-centric when it comes to developing for this device.

Of course, in the end, we will have to wait and see.
    Yep, still waiting for better Exchange Active Sync support and WPA Enterprise TTLS PAP authentication...
    No one knows WHAT 1.4 has, cept' for the devs, who are all under a NDA, and wouldn't jeopardize it for the likes of us.
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Looks like your wife jumped the gun on the voicemail thing.
    http://www.precentral.net/gsm-wav-co...webos-more-way
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

First of all subfolders will sync but they dont sync automatically unless you request it. Its the same on the iphone. Its an issue with EAS where only the inbox is actively sync'd.
  10.    #10  
    I only have an Ipod Touch but it does have the option to select subfolders to sync. I assumed the Iphone had that capability as well since the Iphone/Itouch are pretty much the same.

I also thought that Verizon Pre Plus had 1.4 already but I am guessing that isnt correct.

Thanks,
    Rich
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    First of all subfolders will sync but they dont sync automatically unless you request it. Its the same on the iphone. Its an issue with EAS where only the inbox is actively sync'd.
    Yes, that's the problem. The auto-sync. My WinMo phones do this fine on the same Exchange server. Why can't the Pre?

Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    Yes, that's the problem. The auto-sync. My WinMo phones do this fine on the same Exchange server. Why can't the Pre?
    I believe the answer to that is an easy one. Microsoft makes both the exchange server software and the operating system for their mobile phones. I would hope they wouldn't have any trouble syncing with their own software.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I believe the answer to that is an easy one. Microsoft makes both the exchange server software and the operating system for their mobile phones. I would hope they wouldn't have any trouble syncing with their own software.
    Then why do subfolders autosync in BlackBerry OS?

Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    Then why do subfolders autosync in BlackBerry OS?
    Are you saying you had a blackberry that directly connects to a microsoft exchange server without a blackberry enterprise server and the subfolders automatically synced? No blackberry enterprise server? Am I getting what you are saying?