1.    #1  
    I convinced my mum to upgrade her phone to the pre, and she is really loving the phone.

However her main email is a yahoo.co.uk account and we can't seem to get it to work:
    we managed to get it to sync the contacts, but when it comes to the email it works for about an hour and then stops.
    we have removed and re-added the email address as well as turning the phone on and off.
    I also tried to manually set it up using the following setting:

incoming server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    username: <full e-mail address w/ @ sign>
    port: 993
    encryption: ssl

outgoing server: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    use authentication: on
    username: <yahoo id with @ sign>
    port: 465

But the same thing happened, worked for a little bit and then said unable to sign in to yahoo.
    The account is live and can be accessed on the computer.

Any ideas or solutions would be much appreciated
    Thanks in advance

Edit: thanks for the replies... she decided to create a googlemail account and redirect the yahoo mail through
    Thank you
    Last edited by Trice; 02/18/2010 at 12:25 PM.
    i cant be any help, but thought i'd mention that my yahoo.co.uk address works fine, no problems.
    delete the account and change to yahoo.com with the auto set up, worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by Trice View Post
    I convinced my mum to upgrade her phone to the pre, and she is really loving the phone.

However her main email is a yahoo.co.uk account and we can't seem to get it to work:
    we managed to get it to sync the contacts, but when it comes to the email it works for about an hour and then stops.
    we have removed and re-added the email address as well as turning the phone on and off.
    I also tried to manually set it up using the following setting:

incoming server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    username: <full e-mail address w/ @ sign>
    port: 993

outgoing server: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    use authentication: on
    username: <yahoo id with @ sign>
    port: 465

But the same thing happened, worked for a little bit and then said unable to sign in to yahoo.
    The account is live and can be accessed on the computer.

Any ideas or solutions would be much appreciated
    Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts