Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitrin View Post
    I noticed in the set up guide that during step 7. Device configuration tab; the box for 'sync all album art to track folders' was not checked. Is that correct? It will still display the album art with that box unchecked?
    Great write up btw!
    Works good for me like that. I believe the images get saved the the iTunes-style database.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thanks. I've been looking for a music libary sync solution, looks like this should be the winner.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    BELOW IS A POST THAT I AM EDITING. I FOUND THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM. ENABLE THE MEDIA SYNC VIA DEVICE MENU. I MISSED THAT IN THE THREAD SOMEHOW. MEDIAMONKEY WORKS WELL. THANKS ALL.

Hello all, thanks for your posts here. I would appreciate some help if you can.

I downloaded Media Monkey (v3.2.0.1294) and it works great alone. I am switching to MM for my main media player (from Windows MP).

The MM site says that this version supports the Pre and other Mass Storage device phones. I assumed that you don't need to use the iPhone spoof as all of the posts in this thread are before WebOS (1.4.1.1- Sprint) hit. The problem is that I am able to transfer music and album art to my Pre via sync with MM but still no playlists are avalable in Music Player OR Remix.

I can see the playlist is copied but maybe some help on making sure I am putting the file in the right place for them to see it or point me to spoofing the iphone with this version (couldn't find the d_ipod.dll file and am not sure exactly where to put it as this version of MM doesn't give the same menu for forcing in the screenshot).

Thanks again.
    Last edited by WarHorn79; 04/11/2010 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Found solution to problem . . .read directions!
    MediaMonkey USED to work with my Palm Pre, but now when I plug in Pre and select Media Sync, MM will open but it thinks there is no device connected. Is there some way to force it to detect the Pre or something?

I used MM to sync my library/playlists with my iPod. (since I'm not using iTunes any more) I'm guessing this may have had something to do with MM's refusal to recognize my Pre. If it is the case, do I need to reset anything?

BTW: I tried uninstalling / reinstalling MM, but this did not help.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    how fast is mm to sync double twist takes me the whole night to sync my entire library and im doctoring my pre so I am switching to media monkey or song bird just dont know which is faster I am so done with double twist is a messy program and sooooooo slow to sync!
    As of today, I attempting using MM to sync to my Palm Pre for the first time. I followed the walkthrough, but when I came to the last tab in the walkthrough, the 'force itunes folder style' checkbox was not available.
    So, I could only guess that I didn't have something configured properly, or a newer version of MM was in effect.

I continued to see what would happen, and as soon as I hit the sync button in MM, it would just sit there forever with a 'compiling list' status. (I had only selected 2 albums to sync since it was the first time syncing).

I'm wondering if newer versions of MM and/or WebOS might only work with the Pre via the USB mode, versus when this walkthrough was orignally posted? I don't see too much acitvity in this threat after the first few month of writeup/posting, so I can guess it was during older versions of both MM/WebOS, and now might not work?

What simple fact am I missing?

I'm guessing there might be a few issues going on here.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Let me know if you need more info.
    Derrrrrrr. I got it to work. I reread the walkthrough and noticed the .dll files mentioned at the beginning, and noticed a wiki page from the MM site. I didn't realize the ipod .dll file would make MM show up as a Novacom device. So, once i went into settings for the Novacom device, i saw the 'force itunes folder' option....and it then worked.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I just wanted to thank pchrist for the pointer on disabling/reenabling Media sync. I was banging my head against the wall trying to get cover art to display...

And now it works!
    I love Media Monkey. I have used it to embed album art in pretty much all of my music so all music on my phone (and wherever else I transfer them to) look nice and organized. I can even take music that has no album art and add an image from my computer to it. Awesome stuff.
    This was very helpful. Thank you.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I love MediaMonkey even though I always need to reboot before Music (Remix) can find the files (something of a hassle, but I can live with it). My problem is that I can't find my files on the Pre, neither on usb mode nor using Internalz. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pukkila View Post
    I love MediaMonkey even though I always need to reboot before Music (Remix) can find the files (something of a hassle, but I can live with it). My problem is that I can't find my files on the Pre, neither on usb mode nor using Internalz. Any suggestions?
    They are in a hidden folder under F:\iPod_Control\Music\
    (subtitute your own drive letter)
    THANKS. I found my files using Internalz after enabling the "show hidden folders" option (media/internal/iPod_control/music). Is it also possible to show hidden folders in USB mode?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pukkila View Post
    THANKS. I found my files using Internalz after enabling the "show hidden folders" option (media/internal/iPod_control/music). Is it also possible to show hidden folders in USB mode?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Yeah but that's on your operating system. The files are there, you have to make the OS show them. Its under "folder options" in windows somewhere. I forget where exactly, I have completely switched over to Linux. All I have to do is hit ctrl-h.
    Is there any way to make MM always see my pre (2.1) as a media device, right now it's hit and miss and I can't seem to figure out what identifies it as a media device as opposed to just another usb drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by caltemus View Post
    Is there any way to make MM always see my pre (2.1) as a media device, right now it's hit and miss and I can't seem to figure out what identifies it as a media device as opposed to just another usb drive.

There is a patch for it in preware to enable media sync in 2.1 or higher devices.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok so i used media monkey to sync my touchpad and my franken pre and the music shows up but the playlists aren't populated??? Any suggestions on a fix???
    I don't think it works at all. Kinda crappy. They need to make hp play better and soon, they should open source it
    I have been trying to sync my ipod for a couple of days now. I managed to manually copy all of my music to my external hard drive, and added all of these songs to the MM Library. But, I have been unable to copy over the star ratings, play count, and playlists.

I also managed to duplicate all of the songs on my ipod, I think this is because I copied to MM and then synced.

I am also wanting to changed the directory where my music files are located. I want the files on my external hard drive. I tried tweakmonkey, but could not find the setting to change the directory. I also tried to edit the mm.ini but could not find the directory for the music files on their either.

I have a good backup of my ipod.

Again I want to sync my ipod to the mm library. Also, I would like to change the mm directory where the data files are located.

Would someone be willing to remote control my pc to help me get this set up?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345