Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I've had instances where Remix wouldn't load on the first try, but simply closing it and opening it again has always worked for me...

Have you tried asking over in the Remix thread? Maybe DanPLC would have some insight.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...yer-remix.html
    I'm having a problem... I've done all the updates and followed the instructions here and other places (I've auto-tagged from web all my albums) and the album art downloads but still no album art on my pre! Not a single one. Everything gets ordered all nicely but still no album art! Very frustrating.

Any suggestions?
    Scratch that saw the guy on the previous page was having the same problem and the solution worked.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Palm couldn't even get the player to read a text .m3u playlist file with full\path\name\song.mp3 playlists, but they got the apple playlist database imported and working ok!!! Wow?!!
    Yeah I didn't think about that...what the hell Palm

Quote Originally Posted by pukkila View Post
    MM is working fine for me (Windows 7) except every time I add something to my library and synch to the Pre, I need to remove the Pre battery before Music Remix will load. Not exactly elegant or convenient--is there an alternative?
    Hmmm, I haven't had that problem, but I haven't added any new content to my Pre in a while. For now close the app and try to reload, as was already recommended. I will add some new songs to my Pre and see if I have the same problem.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Great guide... great program... Had a few problems getting the art over, but after reading through the entire thread I was able to get everything just the way I like it.

I like the program so much I'm going to upgrade to gold...

Thanks for posting this very helpful thread.
    I was having the same problem as pchrist, but I deleted the Ipod folder and started fresh and everything is working. Funny, how deleting a useful folder and just recreating a new one solved the problem. I'm not complaining; just kinda weird.

I do have one question:
    Is there a way to make MM stop asking me if I want to delete my ringtones that are stored on my Pre every time I resync? I tried adding G:\ringtones\ folder to the exclude list, but the "Confirm Deletion" popup window still has my ringtones in there.

Any help would be great, and thanx for the guide.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I just want to people know of my experience with webos 1.4 before someone tries to fix something that isn't broken like me.

Since 1.4 allows music to be synchronized to the Pre without it being in iPod mode, and mediamonkey supports syncing to non-ipod devices, I figured I would delete the itunes database on my Pre by disabling mediasync from device info and using the usb-mode since the itunes database takes up around 200-300mb for me. So for whatever reason, when I did this, the tracks no longer would sync to my predefined folder path, being "Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Track#:2> <Title>" and instead would sync all tracks to the root folder only. Believe, I checked and I have been using mediamonkey for years, I also noticed that in "Set Destination Wizard" the folder selector for the main directory had a "-" sign over it and would not allow me to click it.

Anyways I did not notice this right away so when I synchronized my tracks, it deleted all the ones in the proper folder structure, and halfway through syncing, I noticed that they were all just going to the root of the device, so about 3hrs later and a few resets of my device, since it continued to insist on syncing only to the root of my device, even when I re-enabled media sync, I got no where with this and am in the middle of putting everything back to the way it was.

If anyone has had any success in syncing with usb-mode instead of mediasync, please let me know since I would like to rid myself of the useless files in ipod_control otherwise take this as a warning. I just find this extremely odd since that is how I would sync music to my palm zire 72, my old samsung cell phone, and my gps, none of which mimic iPods and are only simple usb mass storage devices like the Palm Pre when not using mediasync.

Edit: Exact Problem I was having, except with the Droid http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/vie...p?f=12&t=44943
    Last edited by vandelay; 03/06/2010 at 11:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandelay View Post
    If anyone has had any success in syncing with usb-mode instead of mediasync, please let me know...
    I had success just last week using USB mode -- no problem at all (but I was trying to move all songs to /MM-Music-Sync/song.mp3. I do not use a folder structure below that point for album, artists, etc...)

Have you tried using these exact settings for a standard USB memory stick to see if they transfer properly there?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Thanks for you suggestion, I am now using the d_USBMASS1.dll driver in mediamonkey for my device rather than the d_WMDM.dll driver, there's more info in this post here. MediaMonkey &bull; View topic - Android support? When?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Odd, I have 1920 songs to sync, and all of them are now on my device, but only 1910 show up in my music player. I started going through them on my device to see if I could figure out why they aren't appearing in the media player. War Machine by AC/DC was the first one I found (luckily it didn't take me till ZZ Top to find one) and it plays normally on my computer off of my Pre and everything else, so I have absolutely no idea why the music player (or music player remix) on my pre can't see it. This was not happening when I was using Media Sync, but I have to say, my music does appear to load faster with it disabled.

I had a similar problem before and it was caused by non-ascii characters that looked like ascii characters in the file name so it took me some time to figure it out, but that it not the case this time.

Edit: I discovered Palm doesn't like '...' in the folder names but it's ok for the song names, so that fixed the entire ...And Justice for All album, now War Machine is the only song with the problem, I don't listen to it and I have no problem with just deleting it, but what's bothering me now is why that song?

Edit Again: Weird, I fixed it now by converting the song to wma and back to mp3, probably part of the file was corrupted and converting it with mediamonkey to a different format and back fixed it.
    Last edited by vandelay; 03/07/2010 at 11:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PTimer View Post
    Is there a way to make MM stop asking me if I want to delete my ringtones that are stored on my Pre every time I resync? I tried adding G:\ringtones\ folder to the exclude list, but the "Confirm Deletion" popup window still has my ringtones in there.

Any help would be great, and thanx for the guide.
    Use "\ringtones" without the quotes. My exclude box looks like this:
    Code:
    *.mp4, \ringtones
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Code:
    *.mp4, \ringtones
    Fantastic. This has been bothering me too, but I was too lazy to do anything about it. Thank you!
    There doesn't seem to be a version of Media Monkey for the MAC OS?
    Quote Originally Posted by kategorgeous View Post
    There doesn't seem to be a version of Media Monkey for the MAC OS?
    There is, apparenlty.

Let me know how it works if you give it a try. I was going to but iTunes has so screwed up my music it's going to be a big job and I'll have to wait until the weekend.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wjclerk View Post
    So, if any of you use patches and enabled the "disable Media Sync" option, remember to remove it before trying this. Otherwise, it gets embarrassing
    well, I guess I did but have no idea how to enable it. Help please...

UPDATE... my bad, nevermind, I found it after a little more searching. Device info >> menu >> enable media sync. Not sure how I "disabled" it.. but it's enabled now.
    Last edited by kmpisme; 03/13/2010 at 09:29 AM. Reason: update
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I can't thank you enough for this info. I had installed and deleted this program a few times b/c I couldn't figure out what settings I had wrong. This finally worked and now I can get some sleep!
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Code:
    *.mp4, \ringtones
    Copy, Pasted, Works like a charm!

Thank you, very much!
    Please help. I see someone posted you can still sync media monkey to 1.4 if you choose media sync when you plug it in but on my pre with 1.4 when i plug it into the computer it is charging and then if I tap notification it goes straight to USB mode and there is no media sync option.

How do I fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    Please help. I see someone posted you can still sync media monkey to 1.4 if you choose media sync when you plug it in but on my pre with 1.4 when i plug it into the computer it is charging and then if I tap notification it goes straight to USB mode and there is no media sync option.

How do I fix this?
    Hide / Show media sync option is now a setting --- swipe down from upper left when in Device Settings page
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I noticed in the set up guide that during step 7. Device configuration tab; the box for 'sync all album art to track folders' was not checked. Is that correct? It will still display the album art with that box unchecked?
    Great write up btw!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast