1.    #1  
    Is there a way to prevent my Gmail account from sending my gmail contacts into my phone's contacts? I have a ton of useless email addresses in my phone contacts now, I'd prefer that my phone not have all my email contacts synced.
    The Pre is going to sync all of the Google Contacts listed in the group My Contacts. You can "fix" the issue by removing all of your contacts from My Contacts (leaving them in All Contacts), and then putting back into My Contacts those that you want to show on your phone.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kshortes View Post
    Is there a way to prevent my Gmail account from sending my gmail contacts into my phone's contacts? I have a ton of useless email addresses in my phone contacts now, I'd prefer that my phone not have all my email contacts synced.
    You can also remove the Google Contacts from the Pre altogether if you don't want ANY Google contacts on the Pre. This should leave the Google Calendar and e-mail on the Pre, while removing the contacts, depending upon how you added them to the Pre in the first place. I've noticed that if you add Google accounts manually via m.google.com, removing one (e-mail, contacts, calendar) removes all of them, but if you added them via conventional "Google E-mail", "Google Calendar", "Google Contacts", you should be able to remove only the e-mail, contacts, or calendar without removing the others. I hope that makes sense?