Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    gmail former blocked user (recently deleted) is showing up in synergy contacts list and unable to remove because the 'google talk' restraints.

just checked again and the user is NOT in my google contacts.

anyone have similar issue?

I have not tried deleting/re-entering my google profile because I just spent all day linking hundreds of accounts
    I did sync accounts to be sure, but to no avail.
    Last edited by flea; 02/19/2010 at 07:49 AM. Reason: POSSIBLE FIX!!
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    This is what is said when you delete contacts from "All contacts"

Are you sure you want to delete these 4 contacts?

Deleting these contacts will delete them from other Google apps you may use like Picasa, Reader, Google chat, Latitude, Google Voice, Mobile Sync (including iPhones and Android) and Gmail autocomplete.

This action cannot be undone.

it should be noted, this mess began with the arrival of Buzz (aka Bugz)
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    amazing... just randomly checked google contacts again and surprise surprise.. the user is listed!!
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    this is fubar.

removed the account that mysteriously appeared back in gmail (web) contacts... made sure it was blocked first.

deleted that user fine... webos STILL shows it whenever googletalk profile is synced again

REMOVED all google profiles from my phone, the contact goes away.

Check gmail.com contacts... not listed in ANY of my contact groups (including ALL)

re-add google profiles to webOS.... what do you know, the contact i speak of is back (on my phone)
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    ended up just deleting every contact in google contacts.

the user is gone... i suspect google buzz is full of google bugz
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    good god, the user is back again... no logic at all... none
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I'm seeing the same issue with my google talk contacts. I've deleted them, they arent in my google contacts listing, but they keep showing up when I re-sync my google talk account. Just dumb...

just to note, I removed google buzz from the account and no difference...
    Last edited by toddpsyd; 02/18/2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: clarify about google buzz
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    In my pursuit to track this down... I just found a google contacts site, which seems to jive with the idea behind what google's doing on it back-end to link 'sites' such as 'Buzz', Youtube, picasa etc with one profile.

Check your gmail contacts [All] then immediately while logged in, check out http://google.com/contacts [ http : // google . com / contacts ]

Interesting stuff I find here... the 2 are in no way in-sync.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    OK... google is just fubar... just completely broken on the backend, the contacts db [whatever that mess must look like now] is just broken.
    the same **** is happening to me. The sync with google contacts is foucking wierd and pathetic. A contact that is deleted on the account, which does not show up on the account is still on my phone. ****ing off.