Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    I can't send emails from my Palm Pre using my gmail account. I have checked my imap and smtp settings and they are correct. I also don't get any error message- the emails just sit in my outbox for an eternity. I'm also having some issues with receiving emails as well, but that seems to come and go.

I have tried:

-Changing my password
    -Restarting the Pre
    -Tinkering with imap and smtp settings
    -Different Gmail account altogether

Nothing has worked. Is this a Sprint issue? This stuff is maddening, especially when the phone works flawlessly for 9 months and then decides to act up for no reason.
    I just sent a test email from my Gmail account on my Pre and didn't experience any issues at all. The email sent, and was received by the other account.
    You might try deleting that account and creating a new one.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I just sent a test email from my Gmail account on my Pre and didn't experience any issues at all. The email sent, and was received by the other account.
    You might try deleting that account and creating a new one.
    Thank you for testing.

I did delete it from my phone, then restart, then re-install the account and the issue persisted. I can't create a brand new Gmail account (if that's what you are suggesting) because this email address is on about 10,000 business cards

WebOS doc might be my next move.
    Quote Originally Posted by derekharten View Post
    Thank you for testing.

I did delete it from my phone, then restart, then re-install the account and the issue persisted. I can't create a brand new Gmail account (if that's what you are suggesting) because this email address is on about 10,000 business cards

WebOS doc might be my next move.
    That's odd. I tested mine as well and it worked fine. That's such a weird problem, sorry. Just wanted to post and let you know that mine is working as well so I don't think it's a sprint or gmail issue.
    I wasn't suggesting you creating a new account, but that's not a bad idea. Create a new (additional) account with Gmail and add that to your phone (you can have several on the phone). See if you have issues with that account not sending also. If you do, it could be a local network issue. If not, then your phone may have some screwed up setting or corrupt file that is causing the issue - which would be fixed by doctoring (I hate so see you go that extreme, but sometimes it's necessary).
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the continued feedback guys. I just tried adding my secondary Gmail account to the Pre by typing my email address and password, and I'm getting an Unable To Sign In message. "Unable to connect to the mail server. Please try again later". I know the email address and password are correct. Hmmmm.

And now I just removed and added my primary Gmail account again, and I'm getting the same error message. "Unable to connect to the mail server. Please try again later". Something very odd is going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by derekharten View Post
    Thanks for the continued feedback guys. I just tried adding my secondary Gmail account to the Pre by typing my email address and password, and I'm getting an Unable To Sign In message. "Unable to connect to the mail server. Please try again later". I know the email address and password are correct. Hmmmm.

And now I just removed and added my primary Gmail account again, and I'm getting the same error message. "Unable to connect to the mail server. Please try again later". Something very odd is going on.
    You're having these issues with good signal?

Might not hurt to go ahead and doctor to a prior OS version then update back to 1.3.5.1 to have everything working good again before 1.4 drops.
  8.    #8  
    Yes, a full strong signal. I tend to agree with you about WOS Doctor. It's just not the best day of the year to have my phone out of commission for an hour if you know what I mean

thanks again guys, this place is awesome.
    Let us know if the Dr. worked, or if it is a system issue in your area
    Can you login from a desktop to your Gmail account? Have you applied any email patches recently? Do you have any other email accounts on your Pre and so do they work?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Can you login from a desktop to your Gmail account? Have you applied any email patches recently? Do you have any other email accounts on your Pre and so do they work?
    Yes, I can login from a desktop without issue. I haven't applied any email patches ever. I have tried to add other accounts to the Pre as described above and I got an error message (described above).
    I meant other than gmail.
    my outgoing settings for gmail are
    smtp.gmail.com
    Use authentication (on)
    username
    Password
    SSl encryption
    465 port
    Don't even try. Gmail's server is down right now. I'm a Sprint Technican, and had people in all day long with the same issue.

Hopefully give it 24 hours.
    The server must be down in certain regions because mines is still working with no problem.
    I think it depends on the account, honestly. Maybe random? My gmail account is working just fine, but I've seen five others that are not.
    It may also be the device.. I tested our demo account on a customer's Android phone about an hour ago and it failed with the 'unable to connect' error message. Tested that same account on my Pixi and it went through immediately.

Weeeird.
    I've had gmail issues with my pre and Macbook all day. Just got my first email today to come through to my pre and my Macbook about 15 minutes ago. Looks like a Google issue.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Not sure if it is a Gmail/Google issue as well. I turn on User authentication email(username) and password is correct SSL is turned on and the port is 465... Root folder is blank

I gesture to keep my settings and they won't keep the hand set stays at the gmail account settings screen... Anyone else having the same issue?
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I think Google's doing periodic updates or something-- a buddy was having issues sending from his iPhone, but I was able to send from my Pre with no issues. I had a couple issues accessing my Google Apps-hosted personal account via the web site, although the phone worked without a problem.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast