Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #21  
    Hey all. Thanks for the testimonials and updates so far.

I'm still not able to send outgoing emails. I just ran webosdoctor and that didn't change anything. Outgoing emails immediately appear in my outbox and never leave. Hmmmmm. Getting problematic now.
  2. tlp
    I had this issue myself tonight. On the surface it doesn't seem like there's any rhyme or reason, but I'm sure it'd be obvious if I could see what's going on under the hood.

Anyway, I ended up changing my Google password to something else, sent a test message successfully on my phone, and then changed it back to the original password. That cleared up the issue entirely for me.

Hope that helps someone struggling with this, but I'm sure there are a myriad of reasons this happens.

-tlp
    this is becomming a big issue...i've tried all of the above suggestions and i'm unable to send emails from my Pre.

defeats the purpose of having a smart phone if it can't do something as simple as send an email...

i've even tried over EV-DO rev. A, 1X, and wifi with no luck
    I just wanted to chime in, I'm with sprint and just tried to send a couple emails this morning, my phone apparently is having the same issues. Every message I try to send gets an error.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Still no Answer on this problem???
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    This issue is concerning me greatly has no one figured this out yet??
    After I read tlp's email I tried putting a fake password on the outgoing (smtp) part of the settings. Left the settings panel. Forced a refresh. Got error. Went back and put the correct password and it worked. I didn't have to change my pass on gmail.

Now, I did doctor (with webOs doctor 1.4) the phone a couple of days ago to sort other issues (filecoaster, drpodder not working).

Hope that helps !?

Instead of downloading webOs Doctor from Palm I used webOs Repair Utility. It downloaded the file for me. For some reason the one on the palm site was not working for me.
    Installed 1.4.1

Added email accounts Roadrunner 1 and Yahoo account

Attempted to add Roadrunner , was able to install and sync

Received emails ok but could not send

Got error message "unable to sign in" after send appeared to have worked.

Fumbled around, uninstalling the Patch for better web surfing, no difference; turned unit off removed battery; deleted reinstalled the email addresses; still no help ...

Then, per the suggestion above ...

2nd Roadrunner account outbound email address password changed to bogus value, resync'd, changed the password back to the correct value, resync'd and sent mutliple emails successfully!

Thank you!
    I have got this error when sending out
    "unable to sign in
    Message from server: " Access denied: 530 5.5.1
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...3875wfd.19.May need to unable SMTP authentication."

with the following settings:
    SMTP: smtp.googlemail.com
    Use Authentication: On
    UserName: XXX@gmail.com
    Encryption: SSL
    Port: 465

Please help

# Outgoing server must be 587, TLS encryption.

don't use Encryption: SSL and Port 465
    it works, thanks
    I can send a message in Gmail and the recipient receives it but the Touchpad Outbox folder remains empty. I just fixed my TP 3 days ago because it was no longer working with Gmail. Does anyone know what can be causing this? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Marshall7 View Post
    I can send a message in Gmail and the recipient receives it but the Touchpad Outbox folder remains empty. I just fixed my TP 3 days ago because it was no longer working with Gmail. Does anyone know what can be causing this? Thanks
    The gmail "Outbox" should be empty unless a message couldn't be sent. The messages you successfully sent should be in the "Sent Mail" folder. At least thats how it works on my Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    The gmail "Outbox" should be empty unless a message couldn't be sent. The messages you successfully sent should be in the "Sent Mail" folder. At least thats how it works on my Pre2
    Thanks bbito. Yesterday I couldn't see the any of the following...Drafts, Sent mail, Spam, and Trash. But today all the folders are being shown. I hope it stays that way. About a year ago, someone on these forums developed a patch file that fixed the Google URL "https issue" for Google account and gmail. I have not tried that patch yet because I was able to get my TP working by installing all the Google IMAP and STMP settings. So far my gmail seems to be working OK. Time will tell. Thanks again for your input.
    Update...gmail send and receive worked using IMAP until July 26, then nothing works. I checked and re-entered all IMAP settings, but still nothing works. I'm at a loss...can anyone help with this?
    Update...gmail send and receive worked using IMAP until July 26, then nothing works. I checked and re-entered all IMAP settings, but still nothing works. I'm at a loss...can anyone help with this?
    It seems to be a certificate problem like that which affected Yahoo mail a few months ago.
    google error: requested encryption not supported by server

Grabber5.0 offers the certs, or download them yourself...

https://pivotce.com/2015/03/05/guide-fixing-yahoo-mail/
    Google changed their imap SSL certificate a couple times in July, but so far, smtp (outgoing) has not been affected. You can get the updated certs from this post: google error: requested encryption not supported by server
    Follow the instructions in that post. I can add the smtp cert if it changes and send stops working.
    I'll use the excuse that I'm on a call as to why you beat me to it.
    TJs11thPre and Preemptive like this.
    OK, I did as suggested, and now I have downloaded 3 google.PEM files onto my PC. You guys are more advanced than me. I have no idea what to do with these files...please excuse my non-tech background. I really DO appreciate the help from you tech guys. Do I just copy these PEM files to the HP Touchpad? Do they need some kind of conversion? I really do miss the gmail app...when it worked it was great. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I'll use the excuse that I'm on a call as to why you beat me to it.
    There's no competition! Think of me as your eager assistant!
    TJs11thPre likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast