Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    If I delete an e-mail account in my e-mail prefs does it take all the associated contact & calander info out too? Sorry if this has been asked.
    an exchange account will.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Ok as you see I'm kinda new here....so hopefully this is not a dumb question...what is an exchange account?
    An exchange account synchronizes with an Exchange email server (this is typically used in a company and employees use it for email, contacts and calendar events). For other email accounts, when you synchronize them with the Pre, they will populate contacts and email and calendar based information but they also create separate calendar and contacts accounts. So, I want to say, if you remove just the email account, then the contacts and calendar accounts should still be intact. This has been my experience but may not prove to be true in your case, so don't flame me if it doesn't work ;-)
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    An exchange account synchronizes with an Exchange email server (this is typically used in a company and employees use it for email, contacts and calendar events). For other email accounts, when you synchronize them with the Pre, they will populate contacts and email and calendar based information but they also create separate calendar and contacts accounts. So, I want to say, if you remove just the email account, then the contacts and calendar accounts should still be intact. This has been my experience but may not prove to be true in your case, so don't flame me if it doesn't work ;-)
    thanks cloak.....not to worry I don't flame people...I appriciate any and all opinions/help....
    If you synced an email account (example: gmail) then go into your calendar and contact preferences & accounts and make sure that google is listed there. this, to me, indicates that there is a separate account synchronization here and if you were to remove the google email profile, then the calendar and contacts google accounts should still be there.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ok well deleted the gmail acct in the email prefs and it looks like my calendar and contacs still ok....tjanks for the info.