Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I have searched but don't think I found an answer.

My sister has a Mac. Got her to buy the Pre. She needs to sync the Mac calendar to her Pre.

Is there a way to do this 2 way instead of 1 way?

I use Google mail and am able to sync via Pre to google, and vice versa. Is there a way to sync iCal to Pre, and vice versa? Is there a way to transfer all data from iCal to google, and then to just use Google to Pre?

I don't know much about the Mac's so I am not too much help to her.
    i've been trying to figure this out too, esp since my iCal is much older than the ones the solutions are for (Version 3.0.8 (1287)) if you have a newer version search the forums for "Ok Mac users...how are you syncing your Pre and Mac together??" and there is a solution for syncing with iCal using CalDav. There are also programs for $25 like Spanning Sync etc. that people have had luck with. I don't want to pay and the CalDav is only working one way for me - I can get the the google calendar on iCal but can't get the iCal calendar on google. I've tried exporting and putting into google as an .ics, but this doesn't update so you'd have to keep doing it. Has anyone found a solution?
    I don't know much about Macs, but my friend has his iCal data published online via a webcal:// link to ical.me.com (which I'm guessing is a service provided by Apple, hopefully a free one) and I just entered that into Google calender. The sync is only one way but it is synced, unlike the .ics import which is a one-time thing. Now his crazy continental work week schedule shows up as it's own calender in both my Google Calender and on my Pre, and any edits he makes to it get automatically pushed.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Check out Missing Sync for Palm Pre. The Mac version syncs both ways.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    ahh both of these cost money, i think the ical.me is part of mobileme which you have to subscribe to. may take the plunge and just dish out the dough, it's just that this is my work calendar so i don't want to have to pay for it! i wish palm would just let us sync the calendar without the whole email account - that would solve everything.