1. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Any help would be appreciated. I have an email account through work that uses MS Exchange. How do I get my subfolders in my inbox to appear. I have rules set up for email to be put in specific folders, as this happens automagically they then do not appear on my phone because the phone only shows the inbox and the emails are in another folder.

How do I get the other folders to show on my Pre? I have expanded the view but it only shows inbox and no subfolders.

T
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    Any help would be appreciated. I have an email account through work that uses MS Exchange. How do I get my subfolders in my inbox to appear. I have rules set up for email to be put in specific folders, as this happens automagically they then do not appear on my phone because the phone only shows the inbox and the emails are in another folder.

How do I get the other folders to show on my Pre? I have expanded the view but it only shows inbox and no subfolders.

T
    It sounds like you set your phone up as either POP3 or IMAP. If you set your Exchange account up as an EAS account, you should see all of your folders. They won't automatically be populated, but they will show up.

Do you have the details of how you've set up the account?
  3. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I just entered my email and password. Yep, I see it is a POP3.
    How do I change this? It won't let me highlight that and change it.
    I just entered my email and password. Yep, I see it is a POP3.
    How do I change this? It won't let me highlight that and change it.
    Delete the account
    from the email App, swipe down the top left corner, select Preferences & Accounts, find that account, and tap on it, scroll down to Remove Account

Recreate it, but don't just put in the emaill addy & password. Instead, swipe down again on the top left, select Preferences & Accouns and the Add an Account button.
    On the account option screen, swipe down from top left and select Manual Setup
    Chane the Mail Type to Excachange (EAS)
    Put in the appropriate information (I think you can leave the domain blank, it's been a while though).
  5. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    That worked. I removed the old account and manually setup the new account. Then I can select EAS.

The next block under the incoming mail server is to enter a field for https://

Not sure what to put here?? Thank you for your help so far!!!
    You will have to work with your IT department to figure out your settings.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    That worked. I removed the old account and manually setup the new account. Then I can select EAS.

The next block under the incoming mail server is to enter a field for https://

Not sure what to put here?? Thank you for your help so far!!!
    As stated, you probably need to get that from your IT department. Ask them for the name of their EAS server, or the IP address. If you give your domain name, we might be able to figure it out for you.
    Anyone know if you can hide subfolders so I don't have to scroll down 400 times to get to certain folders in Exchange?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jkinnier View Post
    Anyone know if you can hide subfolders so I don't have to scroll down 400 times to get to certain folders in Exchange?
    The only way that I know of to do this is to only have the folders you want to be able to view on your phone put on the server. All other can be personal folders which are pulled off the server and you will not have phone access to them, but still have access to them through your computer.
    Is there a way to get these folers to sync yet when you have rules setup in outlook?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY