1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have had my pre since launch. I set up my Yahoo Email on it (IMAP) and it has worked since day one. Ever since the last palm update (1.3.5.1) my email has stopped syncing automatically. However, I was still able to sync it when I opened the email manually. (I have read this was a common problem since the last update). I also read that if you REMOVED your email from the Pre and added it back, it would fix this sync problem.

However, I am not able to re-add my yahoo email. I have followed the instructions on the Palm website (see below) exactly. Everytime I hit sign in it says

Could not sign in to account.

The mail server responded:
    com.palm.pimsync.auth.YahooLoginException:Invalid security token:6 1236 0

Any help or suggestions? I have My Tether, but unpatched it (so camera works). However, this does not seem to be the problem.

Here are the instructions I followed from the Palm Website: P.S. I have SPRINT

Yahoo! (Sprint only)
    Note When entering your username for incoming and outgoing mail server settings, include @yahoo.com as part of your username.

Mail type: IMAP

Incoming mail server

Incoming server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com

Port: 993

Encryption: SSL

Outgoing mail server

Outgoing server: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Use Authentication: On

Port: 465

Encryption: SSL

THANKS Fellow Pre Users!!!!
  2.    #2  
    Well, Very strange, but I FINALLY got it to work. HOW? Well, It just all of a sudden decided to work. Maybe the Yahoo server was having problems. Who knows. However, I can verify that the above does work for IMAP Yahoo accounts on the Palm Pre.
    it happens every so often with Yahoo... seems to have a mind of it's own sometimes.

Glad you got it working!