1. BJB
    I know that "show e-mail" determines how many days of e-mails to "show"....however my question is on calendar history?

If there is a lot of calendar history on the exchange server, is there a way to limit the pre to only downloading say the current year on the initial and subsequent exhange syncs??

BJB
    I don't see a way; however, I don't think the calendar pulls down all of the old and new data, only a few days worth. In other words, you to to a certain day, and it caches data from a few days either side. The "no cache" was cited as the reason the calendar app was so slow before, that the Pre had to pull the data down for each day as it got to that day. It was speculated that Palm cached data a few days to speed access.
    It only downloads the last two weeks of calendar events from the server. Not sure how far in the future it goes.
  4. BJB
    Greenoyster.
    THANKS! I could not find this answer anywhere...
    BJB
  5. BJB
    Just to confirm, it did in fact only bring in two weeks of history on single events which is great. It downloaded recurring appointments based on their setup date which might be way back in history but that is not big deal.

On the e-mail exchange sync, the only strange thing I noticed is that even if you pick a very short time frame like "show" only 3 days (can't make the description too complicated like "only download e-mails from the last 3 days)...anyway, the strange thing is it actually setup ALL of my exchange e-mail folders even though most of course were blank. Kind of strange. I guess I expected it to just populate my in box with current e-mails.

BJB
    Is there a way to have it bring down events that are beyond two weeks in the past?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
    Is there a way to have it bring down events that are beyond two weeks in the past?
    +1?
  8. BJB
    If you are talking an exchange synch, I have not found a way to get more than that. Other than recurring calendar items. But since you can't search the calendar it is not that useful anyway!

BJB
    To respond to all the person that use exchange I had the same question about calendar history 6 months ago. I call Palm on that and they confirm me what I saddly suspect. Natively calendar will retain only 2 weeks of history. It will grow more then that until you delete your account. Ex.: doctor you Pre. If you delete your account, it wil reset to 2 weeks of history. My only way to workaround that (I would like to keep 2 years of calendar data) was to use a third party like CL USB and sync note and calendar only. Exchange do the job for all the rest.

I hope this clarify your search of solution.

Have a good day.
  10. BJB
    Quote Originally Posted by cmflouis View Post
    It will grow more then that until you delete your account. Ex.: doctor you Pre. .
    Or until you get a message that your Pre "is no longer logged into your profile" and it deletes all your data on the reboot. Then you lose your exchange history you have built up, and you need to re-sync and are back to 2 weeks of history. I had built up 6 months and this week it went poof.

Palm's response was no big deal, you can re-sync. And O yes, you really should keep all your data in the cloud and in the palm profile anyway! So don't bank on keeping it even if you build it up!

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...57#post2537357

BJB