Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    What continues to be a huge mystery to me is why someone still has not created a half decent facebook app which I would gladly pay for. Thus far all we have are apps that provide status updates. Pretty sad that the one from the old centro was a million times better. Cmon! There are 9 million twitter apps and only a handful for facebook which all basically suck. What gives?
    I agree palm dropped the ball on the facebook app...... Even my Samsung Rant had a better facebook app. This Pre is suppose to be a Smartphone , there is nothing smart about that app.
    palm + facebook app = fail
    To access Facebook in the browser on a Palm Pre:
    Go to x.facebook.com in the phone’s web browser.

How to create Facebook accounts in Contacts, Calendar, and Photos on a Palm Pre:

On your phone, open the Contacts, Calendar, or Photos application.
    Open the application menu and tap Preferences & Accounts.
    Tap Add An Account.
    Enter your Facebook username and password.
    Once you create a Facebook account in Contacts and Calendar, your Facebook Contacts and Events will be synced to your phone.
    How to upload photos to Facebook on a Palm Pre:
    Open the Photos application - be sure you’ve setup your Facebook account in Photos (see above)
    Tap a picture thumbnail to view it full-screen.
    If the photo header is hidden, tap the screen to display it.
    Tap the left most icon in the header, tap Upload, then select your Facebook account
    Photo will begin uploading

That works better than the built-in app. Not that I would admit to using Facebook or anything................
    Facebook on the Pre blows!
    You're not the first, so I'm not picking on you in particular when I say: Nice slam on the developers of the Facebook apps that have been written. I know if I was the developer of either of them, comments like these would make me want to quit. Perhaps they have been busy with real life. Perhaps all of the comments like these have gotten to them, and they decided it wasn't worth the bother. A few slams can carry more weight then a bunch of compliments.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    The pre seriously needs to step it up with the facebook app. If everyone can take the time out to make Twitter apps then I'm sure they can do the same for facebook.
    I guess once they see enough complaints things will begin to change!
    Won't deny the Facebook app is definitely lacking on WebOS, but on just about every other device (even Android) Facebook apps are severely lacking. The only good Facebook app is found on the iPhone and that's because Facebook officially developed it. Sadly, they've said they wouldn't officially develop for any other platforms other than the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You're not the first, so I'm not picking on you in particular when I say: Nice slam on the developers of the Facebook apps that have been written. I know if I was the developer of either of them, comments like these would make me want to quit. Perhaps they have been busy with real life. Perhaps all of the comments like these have gotten to them, and they decided it wasn't worth the bother. A few slams can carry more weight then a bunch of compliments.
    If any developers are taking criticism of their work personally they are not in the right business. How can you improve your product if you aren't listening to what customers want? As far as any of the Facebook apps that have been written are concerned, none of them are complete as I understand it. I would imagine that the first developer that can make his app do everything the full Facebook site does will stomp the competition, just like the guy who wrote the Apple one did. If I had any coding skills at all I know what I'd be spending my time working on....
    When it's your job to write software, criticism is warranted. It's not as if the developers were handed this as a "side job".

And more than just the developers are to blame, planning and road-mapping an app like goes beyond just the developers.
    What about friendsbook? I think its a fairly decent FB app.
    To all who are like "F the Facebook app why are you worried about it" type of attitude, because you don't get on Facebook doesn't mean nobody else does. Secondly, don't bring up Friendsbook because it's pretty much a similar feed app as the Facebook app for the Pre and what people are looking for is native functionality at least up to par with the mobile Facebook sites. Last but not least the Facebook app on the Pre is still a 1.0 project it will get better with time, how much time is a whole different matter.
    Last edited by L-Boogie; 02/09/2010 at 09:54 AM.
    If you think Friendsbook has the same functionality as Palm's app, you haven't tried it, or you haven't been very thorough. It certainly doesn't do everything, but it does much more than Palm's app does.
    If you think Friendsbook has the same functionality as Palm's app, you haven't tried it, or you haven't been very thorough. It certainly doesn't do everything, but it does much more than Palm's app does.
    It's been a month or so since I last played with it, it has a little more functionality but not as much as mobile Facebook sites which to me still leaves it in the "more to be desired" category.
    friendsflow and friendbook are decent, but graphically not as nice as the nicest webos apps out there. I'm betting people would be a lot less miffed if Palm didn't make a fool of themselves by "partnering" with facebook and making a sprint add with a giant facebook, yet all the phone does it pull contacts. It's lame and people are tired of it.

Friendsbook and Friendsflow both have a TON more functionality than the Palm app so why can't Palm do better? Why not release an update in months?
    Does anyone else notice the Facebook App and Friendsbook App don't exactly match up with the feed on Facebook (browser & Desktop)??????

and i'm talking about how it doesn't bring all the updates/friends from Live Feed. Every so often those apps will skip a person. Can't figure out how it decides to do that. (I have 600 friends but allow for 1000 friends to show up on my Live feed via settings.)
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    especially since facebook (the site) changed again...friendsflow doesn't work right now with the feeds. The palm app doesn't get the feeds consistently anymore. The touch site is garbage...the links don't even work 90% of the time...friendsbook doesn't do notifications right and it doesn't keep me signed in....and now the full site on the phone doesn't do anything when you hit the links...it either takes you to the touch site or it does nothing...so there is officially no facebook worth anything on the pre...I loved friendsflow...but the guy just disappeared...especially after paying for it, I had hopes for that one but now that one is done...frustrating
    I find either lite.facebook or touch.facebook to be the best options currently. The lite version also has chat.
    give us facebook chat dammit.
    Palm has bigger fish to fry than making a excellent facebook app, I know it's not hard to do but dam let them fix battery life and make webos more faster..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast