1.    #1  
    Is it any good? the iphone you can even use facebook chat, i read somewhere that on the Pre all you can do is look at and update status's? Please tell me this is not true.
    true...it pretty much sucks...
    I chat on the Facebook app all the time on the Pre, I just click on the "Full Site" option under profile.
    As of this posting, the Facebook app blows goats... and the other available apps either seriously lack needed features or have clunky interfaces.

the touch.facebook.com site has improved considerably recently (switching between News Feed and Live Feed and commenting/reading comments on photos), the full site hardly works on my Pre, and there's still lite.facebook.com that works for chat, but is seriously neutered otherwise.

I'm hopeful that a complete form of elegant Facebook access comes around soon.
    palm should update the app sooner or later it took apple over 3 years to get their app to where it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    palm should update the app sooner or later it took apple over 3 years to get their app to where it is now.
    Over 3 years? The App store came about in 2008 pal, so it's closer to 2.

Anyway let's pretend it was 3 years... You need to stop using how long it takes Apple to do things as a reason to defend the utterly terrible webOS Facebook app. 3 years ago Facebook wasn't half as popular as it is now, and the features such as chat, liking, comments, weren't even part of Facebook at that point. If you're really going to look at it like this, then we can easily say as well that Palm have had 3 years to watch the competition develop yet they STILL provide the most basic Facebook app going?

The fact is Facebook is the most used social network in the world, there is no excuse for a totally barebones app for it, I know I wasn't the only one who was gutted when I first used the Facebook app on my Pre.
  7.    #7  
    I agree if Palm is going to take 3 years to develop the most popular app it has... it's a bit off putting. Every week i get close to actually buying it but then something puts me off, 1st build quality, then the fact Palm was failing, battery, lack of apps i thought oh well aslong as they have the main ones but now it seems these apps are usless? Despite this everytime i see it i want it again, really don't want to get an iphone i just need decent facebook, twitter, youtube and tube map apps that is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchitover View Post
    I agree if Palm is going to take 3 years to develop the most popular app it has... it's a bit off putting. Every week i get close to actually buying it but then something puts me off, 1st build quality, then the fact Palm was failing, battery, lack of apps i thought oh well aslong as they have the main ones but now it seems these apps are usless? Despite this everytime i see it i want it again, really don't want to get an iphone i just need decent facebook, twitter, youtube and tube map apps that is all.
    i say wait till end of feb, to see the new firmware, if thats just beans on toast then i suggest you look for another phone.......thats just my personal view