1. dbs
    Has anyone found a real solution that lasts to return gmail to its previous state of receiving e-mail regularly?
    nope as it seems to be a service issue, happens randomly as well which is even more annoying .. Hopefully 1.4 will resolve this
  3. dbs
    Thanks - but I may have found the solution posted elsewhere. It appears to be a bug or limitation with Gmail and its threads where folk 'reply to all' when there is a large number of original recipients. In other words, I sent e-mails to 20 folk in a group; some chose to 'reply to all' instead of me the sender and several of these piling up in the threads stalled the syncing.

Solution - Archive all e-mails with more than 9 threads and syncing is functioning again just fine.

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbs View Post
    Thanks - but I may have found the solution posted elsewhere. It appears to be a bug or limitation with Gmail and its threads where folk 'reply to all' when there is a large number of original recipients. In other words, I sent e-mails to 20 folk in a group; some chose to 'reply to all' instead of me the sender and several of these piling up in the threads stalled the syncing.

Solution - Archive all e-mails with more than 9 threads and syncing is functioning again just fine.

Good luck!
    I'm glad that fixed it for you but I still get it from time to time and I don't do any of what you described, I hardly send any emails and randomly get this once in a while.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    I noticed I get that triangle if I have to many emails in my inbox. If I delete some of the emails online it goes away.