1. ncl
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Is anyone with a pre+ on verzion able to load lite [dot] facebook [dot] com ??? (can't post URL's, I am trying to load the site without the normal URL)

I switched from Sprint to Verizon (for coverage reasons...please don't make this a Yellow vs Red thread....I am well aware of the differences and made the best choice for my family).

Anyhow, On my new pre+ I am not able to load the facebook lite site. Every once in a while it will load the login page (rarely, usually it goes straight to the error prior to loading the login page...only the error is for the URL lite [dot]facebook[dot]com), but not be able to log in.

I get
    Unable To Load Page

[http:]// lite [dot] facebook [dot] com/w/-/login
    Error loading page. [2052]
    I have cleared Cache, Cookies & History

Sometimes the error comes up immediately, other times it churns for a while and then gives the error. All other FB site come up fine (but I prefer lite)

Any ideas?? VZ network or something with my pre???

My wife's pixi+ arrived yesterday, so maybe I'll try her phone to see how it works.

Any ideas???

Thanks!
    Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by ncl View Post
    Is anyone with a pre+ on verzion able to load lite [dot] facebook [dot] com ??? (can't post URL's, I am trying to load the site without the normal URL)

I switched from Sprint to Verizon (for coverage reasons...please don't make this a Yellow vs Red thread....I am well aware of the differences and made the best choice for my family).

Anyhow, On my new pre+ I am not able to load the facebook lite site. Every once in a while it will load the login page (rarely, usually it goes straight to the error prior to loading the login page...only the error is for the URL lite [dot]facebook[dot]com), but not be able to log in.

I get

I have cleared Cache, Cookies & History

Sometimes the error comes up immediately, other times it churns for a while and then gives the error. All other FB site come up fine (but I prefer lite)

Any ideas?? VZ network or something with my pre???

My wife's pixi+ arrived yesterday, so maybe I'll try her phone to see how it works.

Any ideas???

Thanks!
    Nick

I am having the same issue. I use the other mobile site fine and I like it but I wanted to see the difference and I get the same error...and I am on Sprint btw. Beats me what the issue is but whatever, I'll just stick to the reg mobile site for now. They do need to make the official app better but I do not see that coming anytime soon.
    I had been using lite.facebook.com on my pre for MONTHS and then yesterday it just started not working. Maybe it is something on facebooks end?
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Probably.. they just made a bunch of changes yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    I had been using lite.facebook.com on my pre for MONTHS and then yesterday it just started not working. Maybe it is something on facebooks end?
    Oh good, glad to hear it wasnt just me. Thanks for the info.