1.    #1  
    I understand how to "unmerge" them one at a time, but why in the world would 130 of my contacts be merged in the first place (fyi, there are hundreds more that are not merged.) I only have two linked accounts, my gmail and my palm profile (which only has the two sprint entries).

The vast majority of these contacts have no common contact information at all either. Any thoughts?
    I had the same problem a while ago after using the palm contact exporter. I only managed to fix it by erasing all of my Gmail contacts from Gmail and loading a backup .csv file from outlook to reimport my contacts. I also had to do a partial erase on my phone. I hope someone else has a better solution than I did though.
  3.    #3  
    I was able to unmerge them all one at a time, though that took forever. No idea why the problem happens in the first place though - hopefully it won't just re-appear again like it did this time.
    Are they businesses with no person name? That is one thing the Pre doesn't like. I commonly store businesses without person name, and it kills the universal search and Synergy merge.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Are they businesses with no person name? That is one thing the Pre doesn't like. I commonly store businesses without person name, and it kills the universal search and Synergy merge.
    No, all of the contacts have first and last name. Some have a business name, (though no two the same) and some don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by popechild View Post
    No, all of the contacts have first and last name. Some have a business name, (though no two the same) and some don't.
    Hmm. It seems like there was a thread or two on here once that were similar, but I can't remember if the cause was discovered.