1.    #1  
    So. You mean to tell me, iTunes/Pre cat and mouse game bulls*$t aside, that there is NO FULLY BAKED PLUG AND PLAY media sync?!?!?

i don't want to hear about something where the desktop portion cost $40.00. are you out of your mind?

AND, i just tried double twist for the first time and all that worthless half baked application did was double my previously "iTunes" synced library on my pre.

unbelievable.

so, to own a palm pre is to want. that's it.

detroitkruk
    Try media monkey, works great for me. I dont have it auto sync though, never tried that. I want to be in control of what syncs manually.

You can also go with a older version of iTunes if you really want. Forgot what version it was that was last supported but a simple Google search should uncover that.
    Trying to give back for all the awesome help I have received. If anything I post is of any use, please hit the thanks button!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Can't you just access the pre as a flash drive on your computer?

Because if so it will work with just about ANY media software except itunes...

Windows Media, Winamp, Songbird, Doubletwist, Amarok, You name it... PlayForSure was the best idea to come from microsoft ever, Too bad they killed it off with their zune.

EDIT: did not see the line about double twist, My mistake... But seriously dude, Wipe the phone's music out before you switch applications to sync with, You need to remember that iTunes stores files on your phone in a format that looks something to the like of: "KJHS" for each song and then has a file that tells the ipods what file is actually what song.
    Quote Originally Posted by c01e View Post
    Can't you just access the pre as a flash drive on your computer?

Because if so it will work with just about ANY media software except itunes...

Windows Media, Winamp, Songbird, Doubletwist, Amarok, You name it... PlayForSure was the best idea to come from microsoft ever, Too bad they killed it off with their zune.

EDIT: did not see the line about double twist, My mistake... But seriously dude, Wipe the phone's music out before you switch applications to sync with, You need to remember that iTunes stores files on your phone in a format that looks something to the like of: "KJHS" for each song and then has a file that tells the ipods what file is actually what song.
    Doing this does not allow you to create playlists. Pointless to have 1000 plus songs on one playlist. My old flip phones allowed you to drag folders onto the phone as a usb and the folders appeared as seperate playlists. Sucks the pre doesnt do this. Does media monkey allow for the playlists to transfer as well? if so I will swap over tonight.