Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    The Facebook app doesn't work at all for me; If I press the "log in" button, nothing happens.

Since I like/use Friendsbook, I guess I'm not actually missing much.

Darth is right about Facebook chat though. It would be great to have it integrated into the messenger, especially now that AIM/Yahoo messenger are being abandoned for FBC by many.
  2. wkj
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Facebook to keep in touch with family.....that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by wkj View Post
    Facebook to keep in touch with family.....that's it.

i just posted that to my Facebook and tagged everyone in my list.
    These generally fit my thoughts on twitter and facebook:

The Facebook Problem

Facebook Twitter

although, I do like sharing links occasionally on facebook
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Facebook on the Pre blows, in all of its forms.

Eight months after the Pre was released, and there's still not a satisfying way to get things done on the social networking site via webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ View Post
    The Facebook app doesn't work at all for me; If I press the "log in" button, nothing happens.

Since I like/use Friendsbook, I guess I'm not actually missing much.

Darth is right about Facebook chat though. It would be great to have it integrated into the messenger, especially now that AIM/Yahoo messenger are being abandoned for FBC by many.
    I am also having the same problem with the facebook app on the pre....I can download it but it will not let me sign in. Has anyone found a way to fix this? The Developers have not responded to me yet..
    at least you've been able to get it to install. When I've tried it, it says it is installed, but when I tap on it, it just brings up the App Catalog.
  8. wkj
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by complex pants View Post
    these generally fit my thoughts on twitter and facebook:

the facebook problem

facebook twitter

although, i do like sharing links occasionally on facebook
    nice! :d
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    funny, I was just looking to see if anyone else had issues with the Facebook app. I'm an addict I admit it. So what? We all have our vices....

It frustrates me that I can't see comments or make comments on photos. Irritates the crap outta me when someone makes a comment on my pics and I can't see it until I get home. And where are all the different feeds?

IMO the myspace app works much better, don't understand that....
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Facebook app for your cellular phone? Whaaaaaaat! Please stop now with this FB obsession. I beg of you. It has gotten out of hand. Are we that obsessed with this trival nonsense?

I mean, do you really need to know what Julie said about your pic while you're at work working on a project? Do you need to know that Steve is eating a slice of pizza while you're supposed to be enjoying a great lunch or dinner at Capital Grill with your girl? While you're at the beach relaxing do you really need to know that Jenny is now off of her birth control pills b/c she is trying to get peggers with Ty's baby?

Who gives a cluck! I'm sorry for the rant. It's just that this is the last thing you would think people would be worried about. "I can't see new posts on FB so now I'm really p*ssed". Really????
    lol...however you look at it, it's an immensely popular social phenomenon that needs to be acknowledged, whether you like it or not. You probably weren't aware that Facebook is the #2 most visited site on the internet right behind Google. This isn't just a passing fad PALM, get your head out of your **** so you can compete! Sometimes I have to think that Palm really doesn't have a clear, long-term marketing strategy. Guess what you over-educated brain surgeons at PALM, mothers use facebook too, can we please do something about this??? #2 website...on the entire internet...but we get NASCAR!!! Is anybody flying the plane??? Hello????
    Last edited by kcw; 02/03/2010 at 09:48 PM.
    Long time Treo owner and since launch Pre. I have to agree the FB apps suck. I have three of them and they make me crazy. I don't obsess on FB but when I want to post, it is a hassle. One thing I wish is from photos I could caption when I send.
    Peole on FB love my Pre pics.
    When Palm finally does come out with a useful fb app they should call it facepalm.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaw_2112 View Post
    funny, I was just looking to see if anyone else had issues with the Facebook app. I'm an addict I admit it. So what? We all have our vices....

It frustrates me that I can't see comments or make comments on photos. Irritates the crap outta me when someone makes a comment on my pics and I can't see it until I get home. And where are all the different feeds?

IMO the myspace app works much better, don't understand that....
    just use

lite.facebook.com

the touch.facebook.com site looks much better but you cant comment or view comments on pics AND the feed is so out of order it aint funny
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Hopefully when 1.4 hits and flash is enabled, the full facebook site will be more usefull. Well at least videos will play and maybe some of the facebook games.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Facebook app for your cellular phone? Whaaaaaaat! Please stop now with this FB obsession. I beg of you. It has gotten out of hand. Are we that obsessed with this trival nonsense?

I mean, do you really need to know what Julie said about your pic while you're at work working on a project? Do you need to know that Steve is eating a slice of pizza while you're supposed to be enjoying a great lunch or dinner at Capital Grill with your girl? While you're at the beach relaxing do you really need to know that Jenny is now off of her birth control pills b/c she is trying to get peggers with Ty's baby?

Who gives a cluck! I'm sorry for the rant. It's just that this is the last thing you would think people would be worried about. "I can't see new posts on FB so now I'm really p*ssed". Really????
    As ridiculous as it appears thats the movement now, more social networks available and mobiley. I dont use FB but I can understand peoples urgency to have a better FB app. My wife on the other hand uses it to as a platform to catch up with friends she's lost contact with, share pictures and chat since they're countries away from each other.

I've actually played with the iPhone FB app and I must say its VERY impressive. WebOS version is just plain pathetic, and if you think about it, many people select certain phones based on the availability of good social networking apps like FB, twitter, IM's etc....

So if Palm was smart they would actually invest more in improving that app if they want to see better sales....
    All of the Facebook apps and sites are a joke!!! Not being able to see or reply to picture comments.. Really, is that so much to ask?!? Facebook lite was the only one that made that possible but it has been down this month! Is Facebook Lite down forever? If it would have been down in January.. I would have taken advantage of Sprint's breach of contract and Apple would have gained a customer! Call me what you want but I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't really give a damn about paying more for service if you get the things that matter to you and to more and more people everyday it's a Facebook App that works as well as the iphone Facebook App! Palm it's do or die time!
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I bet it's all about licensing issues that's the hold up. I have a feeling certain features are protected and excusive to certain phone manufatures
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    Facebook on the Pre blows, in all of its forms.

Eight months after the Pre was released, and there's still not a satisfying way to get things done on the social networking site via webOS.
    I do concur... all of the available apps and sites (including the neutered "lite" site) combined still leaves me unable to do some basic things on FB.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    I bet it's all about licensing issues that's the hold up. I have a feeling certain features are protected and excusive to certain phone manufatures
    Facebook features?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Facebook features?
    chatting, notificatins, search
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast