Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    "Me too & same here."

Look on the bright side: this thread is now #1 on Google when you search for the Yahoo SSL Palm Pre error. Every other logical place where people would discuss is also buzzing about it, but THIS thread pwns them all.
    I RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS FROM SPRINT FOR OUR CLIENTS AND THIS MESSAGE PROMPTED

Technology: CDMA

Start Date / Time: 05/21 07:14 AM CDT

Region: National

Market: National

Product / Service: Web Services

Event Description: Impact: Palm customers may have trouble access Yahoo from phone

Ticket Number: 5677597

Message Sent: 05/21 08:25 AM CDT
    A solution is pending, we need to be patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreDogs View Post
    >>Anyone else see the irony in this post? <<

Nah, anyone that needs three paragraphs to explain a simple matter of opinion pretty much gets dismissed.

Nice to have a running tally of how many people this is impacting.
    Exactly. It's nice to know when I'm not the only one having a problem...and the more that acknowledge that they are having one too the better. I'd rather have 100 pages of "yeah, me too" posts than NO posts at all, leaving me to think I'm all alone..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Ok, so now they are giving me the run-around, saying it's Sprint's fault. But after searching on the Palm forums, I found a solution that worked for me. Remove "palm." from the incoming and outgoing mail servers, and for some reason it works. Weird. Palm Pre: SSL certificate error - Palm Support Community
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykef View Post
    Ok, so now they are giving me the run-around, saying it's Sprint's fault. But after searching on the Palm forums, I found a solution that worked for me. Remove "palm." from the incoming and outgoing mail servers, and for some reason it works. Weird. Palm Pre: SSL certificate error - Palm Support Community
    By the way, I don't think it has anything to do with Sprint because there are Verizon Pre Plus users AND Verizon TREO users on the Palm forums with the same issue.
    Thank you! this worked. :-)

All palm tech support said was that there seems to be an issue with the Yahoo server or with the carriers network and that they were working on it.
    I am having the same problem and error message this morning with my sbcglobal.net account. Has anyone tried to call, and whos end is this on? I'm not sure who to call...yahoo..palm...sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by africanrose View Post
    Thank you! this worked. :-)

All palm tech support said was that there seems to be an issue with the Yahoo server or with the carriers network and that they were working on it.
    I tried removing "palm" and that didn't work....*sigh*
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    No problem... Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon... Seems like someone somewhere is working on it
    Worked for me as well. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Has anyone come across this? I use Yahoo/ATT for my e-mail and I encountered an error this morning saying that the SSL certificate is no longer valid for palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com and to contact my IT department or e-mail provider. I don't even know what an SSL certificate is. Thanks for the help!
    my wife and i both have pre's and both have this error showing up this morning. I'm not sure if its mail, contacts, or calander.
    Thanks- this worked for me too, however this seems like a temporary stop-gap solution no? I thought the "palm" prefix helped identify us as "special palm users" and that our clients had the built-in IMAP hacks necessary to use Yahoo's IMAP service without being paying Yahoo customers?

In the past when trying to use this same address with my Treo and Chatteremail, or Thunderbird, it would fail after a day or so of appearing to work fine. I'm guessing we're going to get the same behavior on webOS?

Or maybe not- because the webOS client has the built in hack?

I guess we'll find out- well I will- you are a paying customer!
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thanks! I just found another thread here that says others are having the same problem. Must be a Yahoo issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by harpz View Post
    I RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS FROM SPRINT FOR OUR CLIENTS AND THIS MESSAGE PROMPTED
    A solution is pending, we need to be patient.
    This information is also very interesting to know! Sometimes it's great just to know that THEY know, you know?

Sorry, it's Friday and I'm caffeinated.

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Usually comes up when you connect to a wifi network that requires login to use. The Pre is trying to hit Yahoo through wifi and getting the error.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    It seems to be an issue with yahoo... There's a long thread on it with lots of info. Looks like they're working on fixing it...
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    Exactly. It's nice to know when I'm not the only one having a problem...and the more that acknowledge that they are having one too the better. I'd rather have 100 pages of "yeah, me too" posts than NO posts at all, leaving me to think I'm all alone..
    Agreed. Also as much data as possible, such as carrier variation, model variation, platform variation, etc. Sprint vs Verizon and all that jazz is hard enough to deal with.

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Help......I woke up this morning to a yahoo email notification saying SSL Certificat Error.

It says:

The server's security certificate is not valid for palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Contact your IT department or email provider to fix the issue.

Has anyone came across this error....if so, how did you fix it.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I agree that it sounds like a stop-gap solution, but it WORKS, so I'm satisfied.

The Yahoo Support rep even went as far as to say that Yahoo doesn't support IMAP at all. I told him that my Pre has been sync'ing with both of my Yahoo accounts since June '09 without a problem, and that the "Mail Type" has always been IMAP. He couldn't explain why it worked.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast