Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    I am on Evdo and I got the same error just recently. I turned off the SSL under the Preferences & Accounts. Just click on Yahoo, then Change Login Settings. Then on the drop down menu, turn it off. Or to none. Haha. might not be the safest but it rids of the error.
    Got this error this morning and the above fix worked. However, pardon the rookie question, but is SSL necessary? Do I leave it off from now on?
    Tried restarting, deleting (I was able to add it back after repeatedly pressing add account), but it will still give you the SSL error. I need to start forwarding all mail to Gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Given the fact that there have been no recent updates on Palm's end, I will actually lay this at Yahoo's feet until information arises to the contrary.
    I agree....upon searching for a Yahoo ssl certificate, I saw a link where someone like a year ago said that Yahoo didn't update their ssl cert...so it wouldn't be surprising that they did it again. I say wait it out..I'm sure it will correct itself pretty quick..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is the correct way to "fix" this but it worked.
    Under Change Login Settings menu change teh encryption to None instead of SSL.

Now what are the dangers there?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I'm a Yahoo Mail Plus customer, so I actually chatted with Yahoo tech support. They are working on it, so stay tuned.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Definitely not a wifi issue.

Definitely a Yahoo Issue, I'm on SBCGLOBAL.NET.

Probably wide spread.

Probably nothing we can resolve other than turning SSL off.

Probably not worth deactivating SSL unless you have to get in right now to send or receive something. Yahoo should have an answer quickly.
    I cannot get my Yahoo email right now. Does anyone know the reason for this? I am not using wifi, and I got emails last night on my phone.

Error message says: Server's security certificate is not valid for palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com.

I have never put in a security certificate - I just added my Yahoo email when I got the phone last October. It has worked fine until today. Is this a Palm glitch that will fix itself?
    guys all of you posting the same comment is going to fill up the thread, so it'll be hard to find a reply with a solution. You will have to many repeat post to read through. If 50 people post same problem in less than an hour, you know it is not unique to your phone only. Give it time & a solution will be worked out, it always does get worked out in time.

The silly "me too & same here" post don't help the situation. Many of you don't even read through the post to even see if there is an answer to the problem posted already.

watch how many don't even read this post & still keep posting the same comments. If they shut down the site because of too many garbage post to read through then we'd all be f#*@%d. Give the moderators a break so they can work on a solution. Imagine if you had to read thru 500 post work ur day job & still find a solution to the problems. These threads are for information not just to have conversations between us. Ex. "Hey did you get that? Yes , I did too." reading that 200 times doesn't help anyone in the end.
    well seems this is most def a yahoo server problem. They are upgrading something and there have been reports of yahoo mail being down all over the internet. Hopefully after they are done fixing whatever palm can accommodate the changes without requiring a software update. That will kill my fellow VZW users.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    guys all of you posting the same comment is going to fill up the thread, so it'll be hard to find a reply with a solution. You will have to many repeat post to read through. If 50 people post same problem in less than an hour, you know it is not unique to your phone only. Give it time & a solution will be worked out, it always does get worked out in time.

The silly "me too & same here" post don't help the situation. Many of you don't even read through the post to even see if there is an answer to the problem posted already.

watch how many don't even read this post & still keep posting the same comments. If they shut down the site because of too many garbage post to read through then we'd all be f#*@%d. Give the moderators a break so they can work on a solution. Imagine if you had to read thru 500 post work ur day job & still find a solution to the problems. These threads are for information not just to have conversations between us. Ex. "Hey did you get that? Yes , I did too." reading that 200 times doesn't help anyone in the end.
    Anyone else see the irony in this post?
    by the way, the m.yahoo.com website works great, so get your yahoo mail that way for now until it's fixed.
    Trying to RE-ADD my Yahoo account because I was getting a weird message. Just deleted off the phone and trying to readd and I get the "The servers security certificate is not valid for palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com" message.

Anyone have a fix for that?

Thanks!

nick
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Yep SSL error for me too, since this morning!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I am getting erreo on ssl cert too.
    however once I clear the error or go into mailbox it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    post something helpful or informative to help us out, instead.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    Sort of, but at least his post didn't say "I'm getting it too" on the 4th page. He was telling people "enough already, we get it".
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Seems that everyone is getting this error. It's an issue with yahoo. There's already a long thread on it.
    It's not anything you or I did, or didn't do. This is a Yahoo! issue, and possibly a Palm issue.

Keep up, Yahoo!
    Keep up, Palm!
    Prē
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    @ltlruss...thanks, I just found the other thread, but assumed it was a Yahoo problem.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    >>Anyone else see the irony in this post? <<

Nah, anyone that needs three paragraphs to explain a simple matter of opinion pretty much gets dismissed.

Nice to have a running tally of how many people this is impacting.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast