Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I actually had the same issue this morning. And like you I removed then tried to add the account again and kept getting the same error. I tried it a few times and it eventually did add the account but gave me the same ssl certificate error as before. So I set the encryption to none in preferences & accounts.

So far it seems to be working fine...i guess lol
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ate-error.html

Fix for now is to change email account login settings.
    alot of people with this prob today...see other threads
    <<merged threads>>
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Poor moderators are going to love all these new threads on this same issue.
    @pichai, I do see those but as I am not in WiFi mode, I'm don't see how this could explain my errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    Poor moderators are going to love all these new threads on this same issue.
    <<merged another thread>>
    I just had this error. If you turn your phone's airplane mode on and back off again to adjust the time/date setting this should fix the problem
    Add another to the list receiving this error and it is affecting both accounts. Looks like Yahoo hiccuped. And no, I'm not using WiFi so there goes that theory,
    Quote Originally Posted by bgoins47 View Post
    I just had this error. If you turn your phone's airplane mode on and back off again to adjust the time/date setting this should fix the problem
    Ah, have to love Airplane mode. It fixes everything, except this.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    adding salt to the wound..... yes, both my yahoo accts are giving me this same error.... on and off wifi....

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    same here...first thing i saw this morning when I picked up my pre
    Chalk me up as another with this issue. I'm gunna guess it's affecting everybody who ises yahoo. Is there anyone here using yahoo that doesn't have this problem?
    I also got the error, but was able to setup manually (palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com) and (palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com) entered username & p/w as well as 'Use Authentication' for smtp and no encryption and i'm back in busines.

what's going on @ palm with all these cert issues. Anyone still ****ed from that app catalog issue last weekend?
    Given the fact that there have been no recent updates on Palm's end, I will actually lay this at Yahoo's feet until information arises to the contrary.
    I woke up to this error this mourning on evdo
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Same issue here. I'm Sprint with 1.4.1.1. I have two Yahoo accounts and both are exhibiting the problem on WiFi and 3G. After several retries, one of my accounts did sucessfully sync once, but both accounts are back to throwing the error. I likewise have tried updating the authentication credentials on the Account Setup screen and toggling Airplane Mode to no avail.

There's an active thread on Yahoo! answers as well, so this seems to be a pretty widespread problem:
    SSL Certificate error: yahoo, what does this mean? - Yahoo! Answers
    Folks, I get this error too, and since the webOS Mail Client's error message wasn't very helpful I decided to do some sleuthing with openssl to see if I could figure out if it was an expired certificate, expired signing CA, or what. Here's what I got:

Code:
    openssl s_client -showcerts -connect palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com:993|openssl x509 -text
    depth=0 /C=US/ST=California/L=Santa Clara/O=Yahoo! Inc./OU=Yahoo/CN=imap.mail.yahoo.com
    verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate
    verify return:1
    depth=0 /C=US/ST=California/L=Santa Clara/O=Yahoo! Inc./OU=Yahoo/CN=imap.mail.yahoo.com
    verify error:num=27:certificate not trusted
    verify return:1
    verify error:num=21:unable to verify the first certificate
    ... <snip> ...

Code:
    Validity
                Not Before: May  8 15:25:17 2009 GMT
                Not After : Jun  9 18:04:00 2011 GMT
    So it looks like it's not expired, but for whatever reason the chain is not trusted (on my Mac anyway, maybe the signing cert is imported on webOS but we're getting errors there too, so not likely).

I'll do more checks later when I have more time.
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Does anyone have an answer for this yet? I deleted my yahoo account and tried to readd it but got this: The server's security certificate is not valid for palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pichai View Post
    Errors are from WIFI signals. There's more regarding this issue on the forum.
    Mine occurred on Sprint's ev service...i've never had any issues on wifi
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast