Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    I have a Palm Pre for Sprint and when I doctor my phone the Yahoo IM works but after adding some patches over preware it still works for a while but now after a few days from patching Yahoo IM wont sign in at all. I just says signing in and it never does. When i remove the account and try adding it again it says log in fail... Whats wrong? anyone having same issues?
  2. #2  
    It's not a patching issue (or so I have read in other Precentral forums). Apparently there is a technical issue between webos and the software that Yahoo uses for messenger. I have the same problem--takes several minutes to sign in or not at all. Phone gets HOT when "signing in" for a long time, etc...
    I tried to see if I could log in again the other day and got it to work for a while after removing the account and re entering the login data. What I found was that when you add a yahoo messenger account (and google, aim presumably) synergy also adds yahoo Calendaar and Contacts. This may be why it takes so long to sign in and to remove the account as well.
    Who knows...
    What I gather is that not enough of us have reported this issue to form the critical mass for Palm or Yahoo to take it on as opposed to the long list of other bugs and propsed fixes, etc...

    Let's keep making noise about this...
  3. #3  
    Count me in.. I am having the same Damn issue. .. Palm needs to fix that issue.
  4. #4  
    I'm having a similar issue, but a little different. Yahoo im allows me to sign in, but I won't get anybodys messages until I reply. In other words I won't get incoming messages unless I send a message....anybody have this problem?
  5. #5  
    Yahoo IM is not working for me at all.
  6. #6  
    Add me to the list. It wouldn't sign in and when I deleted and add the account I would get Log In failures.
  7. #7  
    After adding and then uninstalling the "Messaging Plugins (Live, Yahoo and ICQ)" Now my Yahoo is totally gone.
  8. #8  
    Nevermind finally got everything working, I opened quick install clicked on the tweaks ran the emergency thingy at the bottom left(lolz), and after it wiped all my patches away I ran WebOS Doctor(1.3.5), after the Doctor was finished running I ran the update to the newest version of Web OS, and I synced my gmail first and then I synced my yahoo email next(syncing the e-mail automatically syncs the IM client), followed by my AIM. Everything has been running smooth now so far. I had to test a couple things but finally got my yahoo to work.
  9. JBK617's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #9  
    One thing I have noticed is that it doesn't keep my P/W for me to use yahoo I have to go into the account settings and re enter my P/W PITA
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by JBK617 View Post
    One thing I have noticed is that it doesn't keep my P/W for me to use yahoo I have to go into the account settings and re enter my P/W PITA
    My Yahoo credentials also time out every few days, and the Pre prompts me to re-enter my Yahoo username and password in Synergy. PITA, indeed. Seems the whole Yahoo implementation was thoroughly botched.
  11. #11  
    Same issue here, sometimes I have to sign in a couple times to get it to work, it tells me that my password/username is incorrect. After I am signed in, when I go to sign out, I notice that there is a different password there, so to sign out I have to uninstall Yahoo Messenger and when I want to use YM again, I have to reinstall it. Kind of a pain, but that's how I get it to work. Luckily for me I don't use YM that much.
  12. #12  
    Mine says signing in, but eventually the staus circle is only half full showing my AIm contacts only.. Yahoo will no longer sign in.. I wonder what I could do.. Tried webos doctor to no avail.
  13. #13  
    Mine sometimes signs in quickly, and other times not. Now my issue is I cannot even add a Yahoo messenger for my 2nd account. Only has Google and AIM. Seems to have happened with the 1.3.5.1 update as Yahoo was only added in 1.3.5.

    I am hopeful that it will be added back in 1.4. Unless, the issue is that you can only have one account set up for Messenger? Don't get it, and nobody else seems to have found this issue.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostyroasty View Post
    Mine says signing in, but eventually the staus circle is only half full showing my AIm contacts only.. Yahoo will no longer sign in.. I wonder what I could do.. Tried webos doctor to no avail.
    I had the same issue on my Pixi that I bought last weekend with the half circle in my available tab, I removed all IM accounts then removed yahoo email, then I added yahoo email again signed in on the yahoo im account and the circle was a full green, after that i synced my googletalk, and AIM and everything was working good and fully functional. The steps I listed earlier in this thread is what I was doing when I fixed the problem on my Pre, the steps in this post is what I used to fix the problem on my Pixi.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by stepp1 View Post
    It's not a patching issue (or so I have read in other Precentral forums). Apparently there is a technical issue between webos and the software that Yahoo uses for messenger. I have the same problem--takes several minutes to sign in or not at all. Phone gets HOT when "signing in" for a long time, etc...
    I tried to see if I could log in again the other day and got it to work for a while after removing the account and re entering the login data. What I found was that when you add a yahoo messenger account (and google, aim presumably) synergy also adds yahoo Calendaar and Contacts. This may be why it takes so long to sign in and to remove the account as well.
    Who knows...
    What I gather is that not enough of us have reported this issue to form the critical mass for Palm or Yahoo to take it on as opposed to the long list of other bugs and propsed fixes, etc...

    Let's keep making noise about this...
    everything you just said is Exactly the problem i have and I've also done extactly what you did too. 100% True! Anyone out there who hasnt patch or anything have this problem?
  16.    #16  
    It seems as this is still an issue with WebOS 1.4 not as big as 1.3.5.1 but it still doesnt work sometimes. Anyone else having this issue
  17. #17  
    I am! I just installed WebOS1.4 in hopes that it would fix the Yahoo Messenger issue, but it didn't. Then I decided to doctor it like an *****. Well... it didn't fix it either.
  18.    #18  
    I know i just doctored my phone today and again right after signing into my palm profile still wouldnt sign in all the time. I finally realize that it is not a preware/patch issue. Its an issue with Synergy and Yahoo
  19. #19  
    I used recently install the new version of the messaging plugin and Yahoo works after I reset the phone, but after I receive a phone call it stops working. Also I only installed the live, facebook & jabber plugins. I was thinking about using yahoo via jabber but I never got around to it.
  20. jp99's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #20  
    Same issues here - doesn't work with 1.4. I contacted Palm support and the usual answer was given (do a partial erase and try again).

    Synergy isn't synergistic if you can't log in ....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions