Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Alright, I've spent several hours on the web and doing searches here, but no suggestions work.

How can I get my Palm calendar to show up on my google calendar.
    My google calendar has a bunch of stuff on it that I didn't need so I emptied it out so there's nothing THERE to move over to the Pre's calendar. But I can't get anything from the Pre to show up on the google calendar.

Suggestions? And, if you can please give specific steps as I've tried all that I know but nothing works.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    If you set your google calendar as your default calendar on your phone, then all things you add on your phone will automatically be both places. It may take a bit of time taking your palm events and entering them into google (I don't know of a way to export/import), but the end result will be worth it.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    My google calendar IS set as my default but the phone's events aren't showing up.

Also, your reply seems to say 2 things:

"If you set your google calendar as your default calendar on your phone, then all things you add on your phone will automatically be both places."

OK - Automatically means I need to do nothing else. But then you say,

"It may take a bit of time taking your palm events and entering them into google (I don't know of a way to export/import), but the end result will be worth it."

This sounds like manually entering all my data that on my Pre Calendar into the Google Calendar. If so, then are you saying sync won't move SYNC the whole calendar but will only syn the calendar from this point forward. Is that right. If so, that's a pain in the behind and no real sync at all in the beginning.

Is this really the best that Palm can do with Google Calendars?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I was under the assumption that you had your palm profile as your default calendar. I therefore thought you'd have to switch the events you have in your phone to be google events in order for them to sync properly.

I still think that's what you have to do. Its the same as the contacts. Google contacts in your phone are the only ones that sync with your gmail contacts. No palm profile contacts will be sync'd. If all your previous events (or contacts) were not google events (or contacts), then they will need to be changed to google events (or contacts) before they'll sync.

Here's the thing. Palm doesn't advertise sync-ing. They advertise synergy. They advertise that all your google, yahoo, facebook, palm, etc accounts' info will be gathered automatically and displayed within your phone's one interface. They don't say that all your accounts will be sync'd so that facebook will sync with yahoo and palm will sync with facebook.
    Any events that are in your Palm Profile, open them up, click the top right corner, and change it to the Google calendar you want.

In the Calendar App, ensure that you've selected the Google calendar you want as your default. Future entries will automatically be in that calendar (unless you select a different one for the specific entries).
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    1. Set Google as your default calendar.
    2. Manually transfer your Palm Calendar events to Google. This is easier than you may think and it depends on how many events.
    a. Locate a Palm event in your Pre
    b. Open the Palm event so that you are viewing the details: Event name, date, location, notes section, etc.
    c. Next to the Event Name, you will see the word PALM and a drop down arrow.
    d. Tap on the word PALM and select your Google Calendar.
    e. Repeat this for each Palm event you want to transfer to Google.
    f. When finished, manually sync the Calendar (Preferences and Accounts--Sync Now)
    or just wait until the sync occurs automatically.
    g. You should now see all events in your Google Calendar from any computer.

This may not be the solution you were hoping for but hopefully it helps out.
    My friend who just got a Pre Plus is having a strange issue similar to this. He has Pop mail with his cable company and i set him up with Companionlink and a gmail account so it syncs his google contacts and calendars. Right now gmail is is default mail calendar but if he enters items into the Pre on the calendar they do not sync back to Google. If he enters them into google they sync to his Pre. I have the gmail setup (in the email prefs) to sync as new items arrive.

Anybody have any thoughts on the issue?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seistoes View Post
    1. Set Google as your default calendar.
    2. Manually transfer your Palm Calendar events to Google. This is easier than you may think and it depends on how many events.
    a. Locate a Palm event in your Pre
    b. Open the Palm event so that you are viewing the details: Event name, date, location, notes section, etc.
    c. Next to the Event Name, you will see the word PALM and a drop down arrow.
    d. Tap on the word PALM and select your Google Calendar.
    e. Repeat this for each Palm event you want to transfer to Google.
    f. When finished, manually sync the Calendar (Preferences and Accounts--Sync Now)
    or just wait until the sync occurs automatically.
    g. You should now see all events in your Google Calendar from any computer.

This may not be the solution you were hoping for but hopefully it helps out.
    Ok Im going with Google Cal as my default but I cant get there. I need to sync an old PalmOne on a Mac 1st. I checked out Companionlink(no Macs), Missing Sync (a really poor not friendly site), Echo (needs Palm 6.2 and above, mine is 4.2.2) and Goosync which doesnt list support for my devices. How do I get my PalmOne to sync with Google Calendar? Please point me in the clearest direction.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer22 View Post
    Ok Im going with Google Cal as my default but I cant get there. I need to sync an old PalmOne on a Mac 1st. I checked out Companionlink(no Macs), Missing Sync (a really poor not friendly site), Echo (needs Palm 6.2 and above, mine is 4.2.2) and Goosync which doesnt list support for my devices. How do I get my PalmOne to sync with Google Calendar? Please point me in the clearest direction.

Try this solution. Good luck!

Palm.com : Export Palm Desktop (Mac) to iCal and Address Book
    Palm Pilot 5000 > Palm Pilot Pro> Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm 505> Samsung i500 (Palm OS)> Palm Treo 650> Plam Centro> Palm Pre!
    just applied this workaround...just what i was looking for!
    I added google as an account, and my Pre erased every event in the calendar. What just happened?