Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I've never had any problems with my SBC global email account and my Pre. I do have a quick question. I've noticed today that after I synced my email right next to the number of new emails that I have there is a yellow icon with an exclamation in the center of it. No idea what it means. Looked in "help" and there was nothing. Removed my account and added it back on and it is still there. Anyone have any ideas? Would be much appreciated.

That symbol...lol. Is this some new you have messages Icon?! If so I dont' need it. http://forums.precentral.net/images/icons/icon4.gif
    Last edited by zepolant; 01/29/2010 at 10:09 PM.
    That's an error symbol. It means there was an error while syncing with your e-mail acc't.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    That's an error symbol. It means there was an error while syncing with your e-mail acc't.
    Interesting. I don't seem to see any problems. I wonder what it could be.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Still having the same problem. I receive my emails I just hate seeing that stupid Icon, I'm becoming very frustrated.
    What settings are you using to access the mail?

IMAP or POP3
    SSL, TLS or open?

If you are using SSL or TLS, then it might be a certificate issue.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Numerous sbcglobal account are synced to yahoo accounts from way back. It might be trying to sync your yahoo contacts. Go into your contacts and under Preferences ans Accounts check if it's trying to sync your Yahoo contacts.

The only reason I'm suggesting this is because I was getting the same thing. I also got rid of the Yahoo IM account in the Messaging application.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Type is IMAP..encryption is SSL.

Mine is synced up with my old Yahoo! Account. I thought it might be the cobtacts to so I took out the Messenger as well as the calendar..since that has never synced for me.

Still getting the error.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Another thing you could try is manually change your settings for your yahoo account (within the email app) and re-enter your password for both incoming and outgoing mail. Have you done a reset recently? I don't have any other ideas though...
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lakaw View Post
    Another thing you could try is manually change your settings for your yahoo account (within the email app) and re-enter your password for both incoming and outgoing mail. Have you done a reset recently? I don't have any other ideas though...

Yeah I just did a recent reset. I'll try changing the passwords. See if that works at all.
    I have noticed that also with my sbcgobal acct having that symbol, but my gmail and my regular yahoo acct are fine. also noticed that when i try to use I.M. the sign in could lag for hours at a time while my regular yahoo goes in right away not sure it that is related to my email problem, but just thought that i would share it anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by zepolant View Post
    Type is IMAP..encryption is SSL.

Mine is synced up with my old Yahoo! Account. I thought it might be the cobtacts to so I took out the Messenger as well as the calendar..since that has never synced for me.

Still getting the error.
    I'm suspecting the certificate issue. You might switch to TLS, or change it to no encryption while you only have some non-important emails to transfer, just to rule out the certificate issue.

If it goes away, then you'll know. Don't forget to change it back though.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!